KDW-2 or Proxes 4

Narrowed it down to these 2:

-Toyo Proxes 4
-BF g-force KDW 2

Summer pick?
criteria (noise,sticky,wear)

Opinions please...thanks....

the proxes 4 are good tires.

Not quite as grippy under extreme driving/cornering conditions as the stock bridgestone RE040s, but very close. They may be as grippy, but they seem to squeal a little more under load so it could be I'm easing off a little early.

They last 4Xs a long under same driving conditions, have easily twice the handling in the rain and are MUCH quieter. A pretty good deal for 1/2 the price.

I have not driven them in the snow yet.

TX Speed Demon said:
the proxes 4 are good tires.

Not quite as grippy under extreme driving/cornering conditions as the stock bridgestone RE040s, but very close. They may be as grippy, but they seem to squeal a little more under load so it could be I'm easing off a little early.

They last 4Xs a long under same driving conditions, have easily twice the handling in the rain and are MUCH quieter. A pretty good deal for 1/2 the price.

I have not driven them in the snow yet.

Mmmm... not sure about them lasting that long. I love that tire but after only 5000 Miles the tread of my fronts are down to 4/10 (confused) I did drive pretty hard (no mlapping though) but it's still ridiculous for a tire rated 300... Now I'm not sure if I want to replace them with new Proxes, and rotation is out of the question cuz there's too much of a diff. btw front and back (don't want to hydroplane the back). BTW the rear tires are still new! The tread is barely below 10/10!! (9 and somethin')

Either tires good in the snow? I'd love to not have to put on my winter wheels.

casper said:
Either tires good in the snow? I'd love to not have to put on my winter wheels.
Well the BF's are summer tires....so no go in the snow. Proxes 4 are a high performance all season....probably ok in the snow. I am looking at the proxes as well. Found them for $88 each.

From my experience, an occasional (and I mean occasional) inch of snow is OK, but driving slow. With slush and a bit of ice the PX4 will work fine. For regular snow, winter tires are a must IMO

when its time for me to get tires, i will most likely purchase the 4's......its a tough decision...i hate it. im lookin at the yokos av es 100's, toyos proxes 4 or the nitto neos. i hate this time!

FlyinMSP said:
Mmmm... not sure about them lasting that long. I love that tire but after only 5000 Miles the tread of my fronts are down to 4/10 (confused) I did drive pretty hard (no mlapping though) but it's still ridiculous for a tire rated 300... Now I'm not sure if I want to replace them with new Proxes, and rotation is out of the question cuz there's too much of a diff. btw front and back (don't want to hydroplane the back). BTW the rear tires are still new! The tread is barely below 10/10!! (9 and somethin')

Damn dude, time for a balance and alignment. There is no reason yours should wear out that quick.

My stock bridgestones lasted about 11,000 miles before they were totally worn down. My toyos have lasted for about 22,000 miles so far and are still in excellent condition.

Yep! But somewhere else cuz that was a MAZDA alignment, done twice!! They must have dialed some mega-toe in ...

I like the BF Goodrich G-Force Sports I have on, they handle better than stock and only about $100 per. Quite a bit less dough than the KDW's and I don't think you give up dry handling- maybe a little in wet. Not too noisy either.

No-go in snow, though.

Not quite as grippy under extreme driving/cornering conditions as the stock bridgestone RE040s,

I'd have to disagree with this statement. I have the 4s and I think they are a better tire thant he stock ones. I took first in STX in autocross this year, beating seven to eight Falken Azenis clad WRXs each time. The tire is more predictable than the Potenzas.

I vote for the 4s, and at $88 each, you can't beat them.

Britt

Back