K&N Typhoon SRI 69-6012TS installed

n1smo

:
MazdaSpeed3
Got the intake off Amazon.com for $230 which is kind of expensive for a SRI, I remembered paying about that much for the AEM CAI but this intake does come with a cool looking heat shield that finishes the engine bay quite well. The install was easy, I was installing the JBarone Shift Plate at the same time so it took a few minutes longer but over all, it took just over an hour.

The intake sounds great, I don't have anything else to compare it to so I don't know how loud it is compared to the other SRIs but you can definitely hear the turbo spool up and the BPV doing it's thing. Any louder and it would be too ricey for me. So its going to be stock BPV for me unless it starts leaking then I'll look into the Cobb BPV or just get other OEM. No CEL for me yet but I've only put about 500 miles on it. Can't feel the claimed 25 whp but that number seemed way too optimistic for an intake anyway. However, I have no doubt that this is superior to the stock intake though as the stock box looks very restrictive.

DSC_0505.jpg

DSC_0506.jpg

DSC_0507.jpg

DSC_0508.jpg

DSC_0509.jpg

DSC_0512.jpg

DSC_0516.jpg

Last edited:
Back