Justanothermp5's Build Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
its easy to wrap just really need a spray bottle with water, a heat gun, and a squeegee thats really it. just spray the surface lighty with water, and then lay the wrap down and put small amounts of heat to it and start from middle outwards trying to get the bubbles out. its actually rather easy

its easy to wrap just really need a spray bottle with water, a heat gun, and a squeegee thats really it. just spray the surface lighty with water, and then lay the wrap down and put small amounts of heat to it and start from middle outwards trying to get the bubbles out. its actually rather easy

Wrong. With conventional vinyl, yes thats how you would do it. With the 3M Scotchprint 1080 I'm using, no water is required. Everything I have wrapped on the car has been done dry. Its not hard, but it takes patience, and you have to know a little bit about what your doing. I've wrapped things before I started wrapping the whole car, so I kind of knew what I was getting myself into. I actually wrap parts for other people to get a little side money so Im pretty decent at it.

Wrong. With conventional vinyl, yes thats how you would do it. With the 3M Scotchprint 1080 I'm using, no water is required. Everything I have wrapped on the car has been done dry. Its not hard, but it takes patience, and you have to know a little bit about what your doing. I've wrapped things before I started wrapping the whole car, so I kind of knew what I was getting myself into. I actually wrap parts for other people to get a little side money so Im pretty decent at it.

i take it the 3M stuff is way better quality? lol im ganna see what i can do with gettin a hold of some and try it. i have made a few $ wraping things but i havnt done any big parts yet. im workin my way up

Yea, the 3M adhesive is far superior to the other brands I have used. If you use it with the 3M Surface Primer/Adhesion Promoter, the vinyl will stick to pretty much anything. Getting it off is a bit questionable though lol

As far as the car, havent done much of anything. Just driving it. Need to finish stripping all the paint off the wheels, change the oil, swap my Mishimoto radiator in, and I was looking at buying some more 3" exhaust pipe and V band flanges to redo the 2.5". I've been kinda in a slump lately though so its going to be a while before you see any updates.

In the kindest way I can say it, you're right its just a slump. People only want to go back to someone once they know that they don't need the other person. Just keep that in mind. But I really wanna see the car one color.

Yea, the 3M adhesive is far superior to the other brands I have used. If you use it with the 3M Surface Primer/Adhesion Promoter, the vinyl will stick to pretty much anything. Getting it off is a bit questionable though lol

As far as the car, havent done much of anything. Just driving it. Need to finish stripping all the paint off the wheels, change the oil, swap my Mishimoto radiator in, and I was looking at buying some more 3" exhaust pipe and V band flanges to redo the 2.5". I've been kinda in a slump lately though so its going to be a while before you see any updates.

as nice as i can say it, **** women. You'll move on, you'll be happy. one way or another. That's all bro.

Keep in mind, the more you do, the less you'll think about her!

Its not just the whole break up deal that has me in a slump, seems like everything that could take a s*** on me, did it all at one time.
but this isnt the "Let me tell you my problems" thread, so ill update it when I get some s*** done to the car

man if i could like a post. aj would get a like lol

tumblr_l1e4xzIx4R1qzwokwo1_400.jpg

went to a local drift event yesterday, was alot of fun. Had some shots taken of my car, even though I really didnt want anybody to take pics because its not all the way done.
but it didnt turn out that bad.

408786_304656366240433_123731767666228_843074_810872453_n.jpg

the wheels look so weird because im in the process of stripping them all down to bare metal and polishing the faces. they should look good when im done

Funny ur doing that I was actually debating on giving the wheels a high polish look..highly interested to see how it comes out.

i ment to tell you last night when i was waiting for you to back out the driveway to go to bryans party, you should def go full polished. looked good from where i was sitting. so get to work lol

went to a local drift event yesterday, was alot of fun. Had some shots taken of my car, even though I really didnt want anybody to take pics because its not all the way done.
but it didnt turn out that bad.

408786_304656366240433_123731767666228_843074_810872453_n.jpg

the wheels look so weird because im in the process of stripping them all down to bare metal and polishing the faces. they should look good when im done
THe front polish is definitely the best...(kiss)

lol. but your car is going somewhere man! I like it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back