just took off my roof rack where do u get the filler for the pm5 roof ??

rar40941

:
mazda protege5 2.0
hey i just took off the roof rack to my protege 5 looks way better now where the hell do u get the filler to fill in the cap were the roof rack was. if u now please tell me cause i realy need to get the filler

hey i just took off the roof rack to my protege 5 looks way better now where the hell do u get the filler to fill in the cap were the roof rack was. if u now please tell me cause i realy need to get the filler

The 4 fillers, 2 on each side? Got mine from another member in the for sale section. The stealership wants an arm and a leg for them. Before you buy ask if any of the little plastic hooks which hold them in place have broken off. Like so much other Mazda plastic, these become fragile with age and may snap off when the insert is removed.

Mine fall off all the time when I brush the snow off the roof.
I notice it in the spring that one or more is missing, I go to the Mazda dealer and it costs $5 each.
Now I glue them on so they stay.

what they said 180 bucks man dam can u get me some and s*** it to me so i can give them for a way better deal i will pay u man

Yea, I don't have a roof rack, but I just noticed that i am missing two of the little plastic covers. Need replacements.

what they said 180 bucks man dam can u get me some and s*** it to me so i can give them for a way better deal i will pay u man

$180 ?!?
Are we talking about the same thing?
I'm talking about the little strips of plastic about 3" long, 1/2" wide and about 1/8" thick that covers the four holes on the roof where your roof rack would go.
They are $5 each at the Mazda dealer, and I'm in Canada where they are usually more expensive.
I'm sure where you are they would even be cheaper.
They obviously quoted you something else.

IMG_0816.JPG

Last edited:
Ya I went to the dealership they gave all 4 for free. I don't see how they could be $180 they are just tiny little pieces.

no guys i mean i took the hole roof rack off and then i need the ruber striping to fill it in i too off the hole roof rack

Are you looking for these fillers?
9X0X5.jpg

I'm in Sacramento if those are what you're looking for, I'd LOVE to trade them for a full rack

edit... wow.... I've been on the forum for five years and not posted? fail. :(

Last edited:
Are you looking for fillers, as pictured above, or deletes, which are just thin strips of plastic that sit below the roof line?

hes looking for the filler strips. he is saying he removed the roofliner and went in to remove the entire rack.

when I got mine i did a trade for them but I think they were available on onlinemazdaparts for around 140

Are you looking for these fillers?
9X0X5.jpg

I'm in Sacramento if those are what you're looking for, I'd LOVE to trade them for a full rack

edit... wow.... I've been on the forum for five years and not posted? fail. :(

i wouldnt mind trading u the cross bars for those plastic covers

i also wouldnt mined if someone would trade me for the delets eather

why not just ask ur local mazda dealer for the deletes? ppl get them for free or next to free so its worth a shot. then u could sell the rack or trade for whatever u want

Ya I am trying to get them but no one wants to trade me and also it's 200 for the delete and 140 for the little plugs for the roof rack

I have the rails that I pulled pulled off and would love to just get the plastic filler covers-anyone need rails?

(located in WA state)

i wouldnt mind trading u the cross bars for those plastic covers

I'd love to trade for the crossbars, if those were the pieces you were wanting. Hit me up with a PM, we can arrange to meet up and swap or something. Seeing we're an hour and a bit away.

Back