Roof Rack Filler Cap fitment

NolBiWan

:
Mazda P5, BMW e63
Purchased a set of roof rack filler caps from the dealer and installed them today. I can't get the rear caps to sit flat/flush. Is there a trick to this or something I am missing? Its almost like the rear caps are a bit long.

There is a spot on the rear ones that you have to move the slide nut to so it will sit flat. Slide nut being the thing that moves inside the rail for the rear crossbar to bolt to where you can adjust the span. There is an area in the cover to move it to so the cover will sit flat. Look at the underside of the cover and you'll see where to move the slide nut to. Then it should pop in and sit flat. Also there is a short filler piece for the rail you have to pop out.

There is a spot on the rear ones that you have to move the slide nut to so it will sit flat. Slide nut being the thing that moves inside the rail for the rear crossbar to bolt to where you can adjust the span. There is an area in the cover to move it to so the cover will sit flat. Look at the underside of the cover and you'll see where to move the slide nut to. Then it should pop in and sit flat. Also there is a short filler piece for the rail you have to pop out.

Hmm...I removed the slide nut completely. Will put it back in and see if it makes a difference. Will also look for the short filler piece for the rail. Will report back. Thanks for the response!

Hmm...I removed the slide nut completely. Will put it back in and see if it makes a difference. Will also look for the short filler piece for the rail. Will report back. Thanks for the response!

Put the slide nut back in and it made no difference. Couldn't find a short filler piece. Nothing left but the rail itself so I assume I removed it already. It's just a tiny gap in the each rear cap. I'll just live with it for now. Thanks anyways.

Back