Just purchased a 2009 MS3...

stevessvt

:
9 Metro MS3
Hey all, Just saying hello, I got my 2009 Metro Gray MS3 GT last night, and so far loving it. Got it for $25256 OTD, not sure if thats a decent price or not. Car already has almost 400 miles on it already, lol. Decided to honk on it a bit and got the third gear grind. Did some research, I guess they do that. Guess what I had before this? A 2008 Civic Si thats getting lemon lawed. Why? Second gear grind, lol.(hand)
Anyways, I hope third isnt as bad in this as second was in the Si.
Heres my MS3
IMG00006.jpg

Here was my Si.
IMG00098.jpg

Ive seen quite a bit about gear grinding. Only time ive ever grinded a gear is when I let out the clutch before the stick was all the way in gear. Mind explaining to me what you mean? Congrats on the speed!

i have the same two cars, different colors of course.

you had an issue with second gear in the si? that is very unusual. if anything, it's third on those cars; honda has had a mass repair effort for that.

honda sucks now. quality is nil. good move getting out of that....

third gear will be an adjustment for you. you'll eventually, hopefully, adjust and whip through the gear w/o issue. just pay special attention to clutch engagement vs. throwing the stick forward and you'll notice what you need to do.

good luck!

2750649498_9ed0bac038_b.jpg

So Hondas are garbage these days? Good thing we got the extended warranty on my wife's Si!

i have the same two cars, different colors of course.

you had an issue with second gear in the si? that is very unusual. if anything, it's third on those cars; honda has had a mass repair effort for that.

honda sucks now. quality is nil. good move getting out of that....

third gear will be an adjustment for you. you'll eventually, hopefully, adjust and whip through the gear w/o issue. just pay special attention to clutch engagement vs. throwing the stick forward and you'll notice what you need to do.

good luck!

Please elaborate on what else Honda does that sucks.

I grind a gear on my MS6 occasionally. Does Mazda suck as well?

With the experience I had with my Honda, every quick gear change I make, I make very deliberately. Im almost starting to think synchro's need to be broken in more so than the actual engine these days. I had my Si for 7 weeks. My dealer had it for 3. I would say there is almost as many people complaining about 2nd gear as third on the Honda sites.

Back