Just picked up my MS3 today!

HARPER306

:
07 MS3
Hey all, just wanted to make a quick introductory post. I just got back from my first cruise in my new (to me) MS3. Its an 07 with 55k km, and it's got a mazdaspeed cai, bc coils and some sort of exhaust I believe. Got er for 15k. I feel like I got a good deal, and this car hauls ass. Feels like it would have destroyed my old 350z.

One thing I noticed, is when i turn the wheel it makes a creaking noise, which i assume is in relation to the coils? Anyone with info would be great!

Pics will come once it warms up and I can wash the girl(yippy)

This car makes all kind of noises in the cold. Have you noticed if it goes away once the car warms up or it gets warmer outside? I know you just got it, but it's something to watch for.

I've had my '07 for a little less than 2 months now and I love it more everyday. Enjoy it!

no idea on noise from coils...but stock susp sounds like two balloon animals humping when it gets cold (low teens and below). Might want to look into it if it is still noisy when it warms up (30's and above).

it stays even once the car is warmed up. One of my friends said it might be "coil bind", meaning that from the factory the coils have no bushings, they just get greased, and eventually the grease wears off and they squeak/creak, but a simple solution is a $20 set of bushings to pop in.

it stays even once the car is warmed up. One of my friends said it might be "coil bind", meaning that from the factory the coils have no bushings, they just get greased, and eventually the grease wears off and they squeak/creak, but a simple solution is a $20 set of bushings to pop in.

That's true, I grease my rear joints when its up for oil changes and it certainly helps there.

Back