Just over a year, and my '15 is paid for. Now what?!

Skorpio

:
2015 Deep Crystal Blue Mica GT FWD
What to do with the extra cash?!
b696f23a19ea5eef9242059011c06933.jpg

As soon as mine is paid off, I'll basically continue to make payments to myself with the hope that when I'm ready for my next vehicle, I can pay mostly, if not entirely, cash for it.

Did the same with my '13, I am looking at the 16's and my trade in value is around $20-21K if I can pickup a '16 GT with Tech package for around $30K it will be good. I keep telling myself to go to the dealer and see, I know I'll be losing the monthly payments that I made up to the point that I paid it off but leasing a car I would have paid the same. Seeing if it's worth it.

I've thought about this more than once, I can assure you [emoji51]

Did the same with my '13, I am looking at the 16's and my trade in value is around $20-21K if I can pickup a '16 GT with Tech package for around $30K it will be good. I keep telling myself to go to the dealer and see, I know I'll be losing the monthly payments that I made up to the point that I paid it off but leasing a car I would have paid the same. Seeing if it's worth it.

I hear ya guys. The '16 is substantially packed with more tech...but at least for us guys with 14's and 15's...not sure if it is worth trading in such a new car and taking a big financial loss. Might as well wait 2 years for the fully redesigned one which will hopefully be happening at that time. However, for a 2013 owner, the argument to upgrade is stronger.

I hear ya guys. The '16 is substantially packed with more tech...but at least for us guys with 14's and 15's...not sure if it is worth trading in such a new car and taking a big financial loss. Might as well wait 2 years for the fully redesigned one which will hopefully be happening at that time. However, for a 2013 owner, the argument to upgrade is stronger.

Well, I wouldn't go so far to say "substantial", for me. The only thing I would like with the new i-activesense is the radar cruise control. IMO, the auto high beams and lane departure warning may be more of a hindrance than a help. Yes, the infotainment system may be better than ours (for OEM) but it's still nothing compared to aftermarket. And with my current audio mods, it's quite liveable. As far as LED/DRL lights goes, I can add on my own for WAY less, and my AFS bi-xenons light up great anyways! Also, if '16 light assembly go down in $, I can just retrofit them if I desire. However, there has been talk of a complete redesign for "17" models, which could happen in early 2016, so it may not be that far away for an upgrade. "My future so bright, I gotta wear shades" [emoji41]

Last edited:
There is talk of a complete redesign for "17" models, which could happen in early 2016, so it may not be that far away. "My future so bright, I gotta wear shades" [emoji41]

The '16 was a fairly big redesign. I don't see them changing much for the '17 models.

Speaking of titles think I should actually go out to a Motor Vehicle agency one of these years to get a new title without the bank lien on it :D hate going there unless absolutely necessary. Always packed on weekends.

As for trading in, I won't do it on second thought. I love my money too much and it's been fun not having any extra monthly payments.

Last edited:
I can't agree with this. Fresh designs happen every 3-5 years in the automotive world. The 16's shape and overall features are the same as the 13's. Autonews.com agrees- http://www.autonews.com/article/20140825/OEM04/308259975?template=mobile (Have to scroll down for the CX-5 section)

Thanks for the link/info.
The article/timeline seems to be accurate so far with the 2016 changes, so the promised new sheet metal seems likely enough.
I still haven't seen a USA spec Skyactiv Mazda 2 tho, which were supposed to begin production in November of last year.

If you have a mortgage, pay it down some. I'm doing that with mine and should go from the 94% LTV it's currently at to 78% by December 2017 and I can then drop my private mortgage insurance.

If you have a mortgage, pay it down some. I'm doing that with mine and should go from the 94% LTV it's currently at to 78% by December 2017 and I can then drop my private mortgage insurance.

I do, and this is good advice [emoji106]

Back