Battery installed incorrectly (2015 CX-5)

I incorrectly installed a new battery into my 2015 cx5 for 10-15 seconds. The horn stayed on during this time.
After installing correctly I cannot start the car. What areas should I check, time battery fuse block, etc to see what car ignition will. Not turn over. Dashboard board lights all light up
With a green key light staying on.

I'm sorry but I have to ask. How in the hell did you install the battery incorrectly?

Red to red, black to black, positive to positive, negative to negative. It's not hard to match the colors. Plus, when you pressed the terminal connectors into place, you didn't notice the posts were different?

Did it spark? Did you smell anything burning/melting?

You had better start checking fuses and I'd start with the main. Also, a prayer or two won't hurt either, you're going to need it.

First thing first. When you remove the car battery or do any maintenance and you need to disconnect the battery, you remove the ground-negative (the black coloured terminal) first and then the positive - red. When you install a battery, you do it in reverse: connect the positive terminal and then the negative one.

The positive battey terminal has some fuses directly on it. You probably toasted every last one of them.
1705873663755.png

I incorrectly installed a new battery into my 2015 cx5 for 10-15 seconds. The horn stayed on during this time.
After installing correctly I cannot start the car. What areas should I check, time battery fuse block, etc to see what car ignition will. Not turn over. Dashboard board lights all light up
With a green key light staying on.

Your electrical system needs a once over. Take it to a mechanic familiar with electrical systems, see if they've dealt with situations like these before where the battery was installed incorrectly. This probably happens more often than you think. Don't beat yourself up about it, but take it as a hard (and potentially very expensive) lesson learned.

Back