Just installed my TRZ Dogbone Poly!!

Just installed my TRZ Poly mount....vibrations are substantial at start-up and it just awed me. My ride just roars from the inside....I stepped outside and closed the door to see if you can hear the vibrations, but you cant.

When at idle and in first gear, I can def. feel the vibes, but once I get into 2nd gear, the car feels smooth and the difference in ride quality is clear. When slowing down, I can feel the vibes on my seat and my friend next to me said she could feel the vibes on her nads too...I'm satisfied, although the vibes are kind of new and will take getting used to. I'll update back in a week to see how it's handling...

Last edited:
Just installed my TRZ Poly mount....vibrations are substantial at start-up and it just awed me. My ride just roars from the inside....I stepped outside and closed the door to see if you can hear the vibrations, but you cant.

When at idle and in first gear, I can def. feel the vibes, but once I get into 2nd gear, the car feels smooth and the difference in ride quality is clear. When slowing down, I can feel the vibes on my seat and my friend next to me said she could feel the vibes on her nads too...I'm satisfied, although the vibes are kind of new and will take getting used to. I'll update back in a week to see how it's handling...

...so are you saying we should all upgrade to the TRZ delrin mount to get lucky? (alright)

I just ordered my TRZ Delrin MM today and will get it next week. I've been reading all of these posts about the vibes that now I'm worried I made a mistake in ordering this. I hope it works out.

I just ordered my TRZ Delrin MM today and will get it next week. I've been reading all of these posts about the vibes that now I'm worried I made a mistake in ordering this. I hope it works out.

Worried about vibes and you order the delrin...??? (huh)
(confused)

The poly has enough vibes for me...I wouldn't be able to handle any more...

i installed my TRZ mount from protege garage yesterday. next day shipping was only $30 which was awesome. i got the race 90 A bushing. i was suprised when i got it it feels like plastic not rubber. installed it and love it car feels so much better now not like mush with the stock mount. protege garage was very nice dealing with them over the phone i'm going to the track on sunday and see how much of a difference it made. can't wait definitly a must buy for anyone serious about moding their car.

Worried about vibes and you order the delrin...??? (huh)
(confused)

The poly has enough vibes for me...I wouldn't be able to handle any more...

I actually switched to the poly at 1130pm last night with PG (suprised they work that late) so I feel better. Reading your posts all day and with the advice of PG I made the switch and I feel better about the purchase now. I should get it next week and I will let you know how it works out for me.

If you ever worry there is such a thing as "too stiff" or "too much vibration," you should probably err on the side of caution and get the poly version.

I got the poly for this reason, and it added much harsher vibration until it broke in. Now it's noticeable, but not harsh. I'm not sure if the Derlin would've been the same for me, but if the broke in and was as rough as the poly before breakin -- I'd have gotten rid of it.

I actually switched to the poly at 1130pm last night with PG (suprised they work that late) so I feel better. Reading your posts all day and with the advice of PG I made the switch and I feel better about the purchase now. I should get it next week and I will let you know how it works out for me.

So, any updates? How do you like it?

If you ever worry there is such a thing as "too stiff" or "too much vibration," you should probably err on the side of caution and get the poly version.

I got the poly for this reason, and it added much harsher vibration until it broke in. Now it's noticeable, but not harsh. I'm not sure if the Derlin would've been the same for me, but if the broke in and was as rough as the poly before breakin -- I'd have gotten rid of it.

Delrin probably won't break in. Having had to machine this material at work it seems that those don't deflect at all. Might as well put an aluminum spacer in there. just 2 cents

Last edited:
Delrin probably won't break in. Having had to machine this material at work it seems that those don't deflect at all. Might as well put an aluminum spacer in there. just 2 cents

+1, I would not do this to a street car.
-enganear

So, any updates? How do you like it?

it's not as bad as I was expecting, but it does vibrate. I'm happy I switched to the poly, it's just right and anything more would have been too much. I just hope it doesn't rattle any bolts loose.

it's not as bad as I was expecting, but it does vibrate. I'm happy I switched to the poly, it's just right and anything more would have been too much. I just hope it doesn't rattle any bolts loose.

Cool I bet you will be fine with hardware. happy speed shifting to you!

so how does the Corksport insert feel, is it even worth it? I am apprehensive to get the TRZ mount at all I just want to firm things up a bit and not rattle my teeth out.

Just did a concurrent install of TRZ poly mount and TWM shifter bushings......all I have to say is WOO Effing HOO !

Car feels much tighter and clutch action is so much more precise as is the shifter......no more sloppiness and you just point the car and pull the trigger and hold on.....

Vibes ? Sure, but since my last vehicle was a 25-year-old Jeep CJ-7 the term "vibrations" is kinda relative, you know ? These are far from objectionable IMHO and the car actually 'sounds' like I added a more open exhaust system......

My eight-year-old son (my harshest automotive critic) gave me a big grin this morning as we entered the freeway and commented "Dad, it sounds like a Ferrari now !" (!)

THAT was worth the $130 I spent right there !

Thanks Protege Garage and TWM !

Back