just installed my header.

I could only get one bolt to work at first, but I got the second one to work so it doesn't look like that any more.

And the springs allow some give so when the engine moves around some of the tension can be transfered to the springs instead of putting all the pressure on the welds.

Ok because I have a midpipe with a flex joint/pipe. It was my understanding that you didnt need both but either or

Oh, and does anyone know what this is? (the weird thin thing on the pipe) It was rattling like crazy. I just bent it a little bit so it wouldn't rattle, but I'd like to just cut it off, but was wondering what the heck it was and what it was supposed to do.

IMG_3041.jpg
Looks like the clamp that goes around the mount that comes off the tranny to hold stock s*** in place. Remove it.

probably normal. I dotn know for you but for me the sound is comming from under the shifter. Anyone?

I used new spring bolts and a new donut gasket too. If it's coming from under there then it must be that fitting?

I can't source the sound by just revving the engine. I wonder if it is the motor mount allowing the engine to move allowing the header to separate from the cat when the engine is under load? I have poly front and side mounts though, so that movement should be minimal...

No, mine hasn't come on after 200+ miles. You can go to autozone to clear it after you do the MIL eliminator (i used the non-fouler method)

Well a thing i do to find exhaust leasks is use sea-foam..... Theu sell it t autozone..... You just get a vacume hose and let it suck in the liquid and your car will be smoking white..... Just look under te car an in the engine bay and youll see if you have an exgaust leak........

Too bad i just did an oil change with the header install...

The non-fouler trick is super easy. Just make sure you have a cheap, new 1/2" bit because we destroyed one drilling it out. Try doing it in increments when you drill it out.

Last edited:
update, looks like the top of the header/cat connection is not flush.i'll throw some ultra copper RTV on it and see if that seals it up. 24 hour cure time may not work on my DD...

i installed OBX on my LX and it hisses to. I have read some forums and everyone says its normal. it just the sound of more airflow. also the pipes are thinner so u can hear more.

thank you for that info^^

my friend just told me my car seemed to have a leak near the header lol. But now it seems to be normal like you said above me.

sorry, i know its a old tread lol.

It's normal as far as I'm concerned. I took it to an exhaust shop and they spent 30 min with me under the car and we couldn't see/feel any leaks anywhere.

Last edited:
Back