Just installed Injen CAI

Kaidao

The installation took me and my cousin a total of two and half hours. I don't know if we were just doing something wrong, but we ended up having to take off the front bumper. And to take off the bumper, we also had to take off the driver's side wheel to reach one of the screws. Then, when it was ALMOST off, we had to disconnect the wiring to the fog lights. Now that, was a b****. The clamps were so tight, we almost broke all of our fingernails trying to yank it off. Alas, the front bumper was off and we were ready to go. The actual installation of the intake was quite easy, actually. Only took upwards of 15 minutes. I was surprised at how unnecessarily large the stock intake was. And also how inefficient it was. It looked like it was barely getting any air in there. Anyways, we finally put everything back together, and it finally time for the test drive (drive2). It was awesome. You can definitely feel the power, and it almost already sounds like a BOV. When there was no music, the "WHOOSH" sound was LOUD. Especially if you hear it from the outside. On protegegarage, they said this intake dynoed at 25WHP and 30TQ gains. You'll definitely feel those gains when you take it out for a test drive. Well, I've never tried any of the other intakes, but I highly recommend this one. And the black finish looks really sexy. I've read elsewhere that this intake is supposed to have the most power gain? Well, I wouldn't doubt that after feeling it. So if you're contemplating on whether to buy this intake or not, just get it right now. (drinks)

ahem...

UR DOING IT WRONG

taking off a wheel? not necessary
taking off bumper? not necessary
unplugging fog lights? not necessary

Last edited:
:O Please explain to me how you did it then...because I just followed the instructions that came with the CAI

i installed mine in 15 minutes by turning my wheels all the way to the right, poping out two clips in the fender liner and sticking my arm through the opening (rofl2)

haha I followed some instructions i got on the net. I REMOVED MY FRONT BUMPER lemme tell you night from hell. imagine my horror when i used my lift that if you take off the splash guard that you can do anything u needed to do. ug.
IF YOU CAN USE A LIFT TAKE THE SPLASHGUARD OFF AND INSTALL YOUR CAI 10X EASIER

LOL... everyone has their way of doing it. Reaching in from the fender is a pain as well. Without having a lift taking the bumper off is the easiest way to get the job done. most do it through the wheel well only becuase they are afraid of taking off the bumper. Having done several of these I am to lazy to take the bumper off myself but if you have help it is the easiest way to accomplish this.

did the engines light on after injen installed?? mines came on right after it....but it went away in few mins...but it came back on again after 5k miles..???

Yeah Ive taken mine on and off a bunch of times. Whats easiest for me is just take off drivers side wheel and front part of splash guard. I tried to take off the bumper once but then I saw a bunch of cheap plastic screws and I said no thx.

As for the 25 whp thing . . . something fishy there. I know injen claims you gain 25 whp but the CAI gain felt like nothing compared to my test pipe.

Latest posts

Back