JUst installed 3in QTP e-cutout

boostin2.3

:
2009 CWPM MS3
and it is uper beast honestly i love it..super sleeper when its shut and super beast when its open haha!

Very loud noise maker!

Given the high flow rate of the stock CBE on the MS3 (greater than the output of the stock K04 turbo's maximum exhaust output, I don't see how this would build any power, IMHO. Depending on where the cutout is located, it could remove the restriction of the second cat, but you can do that with a test pipe.

Yikes, that would be loud, I mean LOUD, but I would doubt you would see any performance gain.

There are a lot of cars that would pick up power, sometimes serious power, from use of cutouts, especially N/A American V8's with the cutouts right aft of long tube header collectors. Also, there have been some reported modest gains by use of cutouts on the MS6 (maybe 5 hp) because their system does have a bit more restriction in the CBE section, but it would be a hard sell for me, except as a very effective way to scare the unsuspecting pedestrian.

I do think it would be fun to play with, however. I can imagine having fun when being drowned out by someone's loud car stereo when stopped in traffic, playing music we just hate. We've all been there. Just open up the cutouts, raise the rpms to about 6K and watch the look on their faces!

Very loud noise maker!

Given the high flow rate of the stock CBE on the MS3 (greater than the output of the stock K04 turbo's maximum exhaust output, I don't see how this would build any power, IMHO. Depending on where the cutout is located, it could remove the restriction of the second cat, but you can do that with a test pipe.

Yikes, that would be loud, I mean LOUD, but I would doubt you would see any performance gain.

There are a lot of cars that would pick up power, sometimes serious power, from use of cutouts, especially N/A American V8's with the cutouts right aft of long tube header collectors. Also, there have been some reported modest gains by use of cutouts on the MS6 (maybe 5 hp) because their system does have a bit more restriction in the CBE section, but it would be a hard sell for me, except as a very effective way to scare the unsuspecting pedestrian.

I do think it would be fun to play with, however. I can imagine having fun when being drowned out by someone's loud car stereo when stopped in traffic, playing music we just hate. We've all been there. Just open up the cutouts, raise the rpms to about 6K and watch the look on their faces!

hahaha, love it, My friend has an '84 El Camino with a brand new H.O. 305 (yes, small for an American Car), but he has a QTP E-cutout, and the thing is loud. Even for a 305. We pass by people all the time that are walking and he floors it, and we have literally made so many people jump....haha, and we get the dirtiest looks from road bikers.

Very loud noise maker!

I held about ~2 psi higher with the cutout open.

I had a Corksport DP and a PTP midpipe with the cutout fabbed into it. Stock cat-back exhaust.

I had a Corksport DP and a PTP midpipe with the cutout fabbed into it. Stock cat-back exhaust.

Thanks, is the CS dp catless or catted? Sorry for not knowing, but my TurboXS is catless and I've not kept up with the configuration of the other brands. How much holding target boost are you seeing with the cutout closed and how much open? I'm seeing 17-18 psi (with fuel/load cut sometimes slapping me at 18), with occasional quick spikes to 20-21, connected to the CBE. Not trying to jack the thread, just trying to understand how a cutout south of where the exhaust restrictions are would raise boost when opened. Do you get boost creep when the cutout is open? Maybe I'm misunderstanding.

The CS is catless. I ran a MBC holding ~18psi with the cutout closed, and ~20-21 with the cutout open with the same setting. The CBE is pretty free-flowing, but still a restriction compared to open air (1 or 2 resonators and some bends in there). I never had any boost creep issues.

The CS is catless. I ran a MBC holding ~18psi with the cutout closed, and ~20-21 with the cutout open with the same setting. The CBE is pretty free-flowing, but still a restriction compared to open air (1 or 2 resonators and some bends in there). I never had any boost creep issues.

sweet man im thinking of getting a cutout....you had yours put in the test pipe? could you take a pic of it? im thinking theres not much room for it to fit sideways....i was thinking of making it apart of the DP.. i have a CS DP

Pictures aren't great, but they work. I'm not sure how well it will fit in the DP, mine's in the MP. I'm rebuilding my motor right now and will have the motor out, I am going to look into putting it in the DP, might have to do something other than the Corksport to make it work though.

3940928561_dbbde6843b_b.jpg

3941686792_cda0ab81cd_b.jpg

3941744936_259153c42d_b.jpg

ok sweet thanks man when you get your motor done and everything let me know what power gains you make with the cut out open and closed please...thanks

im rebuilding my motor also the guy who is doing it is picking it up tonight lol

I too have been thinking about this, but I have reserves like stated before, our CBE's are good to well north of 300 hp.

My next cutout will be a boost activated cutout to help retain responsiveness out of boost and also allow for more topend. Maybe something to look into :)

Back