Just got the Magnaflow put in!

its the stainless steel muffler that rusts..not the welds, just the whole damn muffler..DEFINETLY not worth buying..i mean they sound awesome..but don't last..

Can you post a pic of the muffler with all the rust pls, so we can see how bad it is?

If i still had mine i would show it. First the welds on the muffler are exposed and arent SS so they rust. Also the SS isnt high quality so mine lost its lustre easily and got chipped up. They are definately performance mufflers but they arent reliably built and generally arent the nicest looking. no offense.
edit: but on a catback their flow is very nice, at some point u will have to replace the muffler though.

On the clamps- it appears that they will hold up pretty well, and the flow due to the way they fit together will be very good. I figure that when the welds/muffler start to rust bad, then its time for a new muffler- for the 326 shipped that I paid, it'll be fine, you get what you pay for, for an N/A application 2.25" seems to be about where you want it to be- as akhilleus mentioned, the performance isn't questioned, just the quality of the muffler..... Ah well live and learn

Regarding rusting - how much rain/water has your car been exposed to? I live in NM and we get barely any rain, maybe 5 inches a year or so. It rains hard occassionally, but I was wondering if this might me an issue if they rust so easily? My car is a P5, and I'm looking into the cat-back. Also, is there a rattle or bad fitment for the P5 like there is for the sedans?

shinzen said:
Well, just got it all put in, after having to cut a bolt off of the stock exhaust- it went in really smooth, and to solve the rattle problem for us sedans I went ghetto style and stuffed a stainless steel kitchen pad between the flashing and the exhaust.

Sounds awesome and pulls way harder- I'm hitting redline on accident!!! Cant wait to autocross it on Saturday!!(yippy)

Back