Just bought, finance guy said the warranty will be void if i do the oil changes???

MikemSCV

:
2017 Mazda CX 5 Sport White
Hello all, i just bought the cx 5(quick details 2017 Pearl white, sport i guess they included lo jack. out the door at 28 flat). As i was filling all the paper work out the finance guy informed me that the warranty would be void if i did my on oil changes and what not, has anyone ever heard of this? Is this possible?

Mike

I have not ever heard of any such of thing. It is not true at all. Just keep all your paperwork from your own oil changes.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I was thinking maybe a scare tactic as he was trying to get me into a maintenance warranty? My experience with the Mazda dealership in Van Nuys was pleasant though i thought.

Bunch of BS that you can ignore. My finance guy actually told me to just log all the maintenance in the owner's manual in the proper section.

You have to be able to prove that you purchased oil and filters meeting the specs. Keep all the receipts.

I actually had an audi a4 blow it's engine up, and I had to download online receipts and furnish them to audi, to get the warranty to cover the repairs.

To put it bluntly, that finance guy is a liar.
Or from other countries. In many countries you've to go to authorized dealers for all maintenance or your manufacture new-car warranty will be void! I understand Mexico is this way.

Or from other countries. In many countries you've to go to authorized dealers for all maintenance or your manufacture new-car warranty will be void! I understand Mexico is this way.

The OP says that he's from Santa Clarita, I believe that's in the US.

Pile of bull. Like others have listed, they need to prove the failure was directly related to your work, it's not exactly hard for them to make some argument, but luckily they have no benefits of doing it.

I wish the dealership thing goes away and I can deal with manufacturer directly.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

The OP says that he's from Santa Clarita, I believe that's in the US.
Santa Clarita should be in North of LA area. But what I was trying to say is the finance guy may not be familiar with MagnusonMoss Warranty Act but based on his knowledge on warranty policy from foreign countries such as Mexico.

Hello all, i just bought the cx 5(quick details 2017 Pearl white, sport i guess they included lo jack. out the door at 28 flat). As i was filling all the paper work out the finance guy informed me that the warranty would be void if i did my on oil changes and what not, has anyone ever heard of this? Is this possible?

Mike

This is more than just a lie, it is fraudulent. If this had happened to me, I'd have left his office and gone straight to the GM's door.

Hindsight tells me I'd have asked for that in writing (to hang his sorry ass with) but I don't really know if I'd have thought that clearly at the time.

Even after the fact, I'd still be at the GM's door - that is terrible behavior.

I have heard that Mazda might be more willing to help with out of warranty stuff IF you had all your service done at a dealer during the warranty. Customer needed a new transmission. He was 2 months out of warranty, but since he had ALL work done at the dealer during that time, the dealership agreed to replace it at no charge. Take that with a grain of salt, of course, but I do trust the source.

Hey thanks a lot guys I really appreciate it I will keep all records. I have a Tacoma as well I usually get the filter from the dealership does that still hold true with Mazdas filters are they still top on the market or should there be an aftermarket filter?

Keep track of receipts and log work you do.

Otherwise...finance guy is full of it.

....But what I was trying to say is the finance guy may not be familiar with MagnusonMoss Warranty Act but based on his knowledge on warranty policy from foreign countries such as Mexico.

Whaaat? Sounds like you are defending this dirt bag. F&I guys are some of the best-paid employees in most dealerships, and their job is to up-sell you, on financing, warranties, paint protection, etc etc. All products with extremely high margins.

Whaaat? Sounds like you are defending this dirt bag. F&I guys are some of the best-paid employees in most dealerships, and their job is to up-sell you, on financing, warranties, paint protection, etc etc. All products with extremely high margins.

Yeah. I had a great salesman to work with for my CX-5, and got what I wanted and the deal I wanted (good at the time).

I get to the finance guy and he tries to set my finance rate 2 percentage points higher than we agreed to, and of course is pushing all the extra crap like extended warranties, paint and rust protection, and making sure the johnson rod doesn't break, etc. He was really a smarmy individual and I started to walk out of the deal before he begrudgingly set the finance rate back to what it was supposed to be.

You gotta watch those guys.

Yeah. I had a great salesman to work with for my CX-5, and got what I wanted and the deal I wanted (good at the time).

I get to the finance guy and he tries to set my finance rate 2 percentage points higher than we agreed to, and of course is pushing all the extra crap like extended warranties, paint and rust protection, and making sure the johnson rod doesn't break, etc. He was really a smarmy individual and I started to walk out of the deal before he begrudgingly set the finance rate back to what it was supposed to be.

You gotta watch those guys.

Good cop / bad cop routine. This sort of nonsense should've been left in the pre-internet days. This is bad dealer behavior - complain to Mazda corporate.

Back