Just another yellow P5 build...

Clean ride man! Love the attention to detail.

As for coilovers both Yellowspeed and BC are good choices. The setup should be very similiar, im running BC on my MP3 with stiffness cranked half way (15) front and rear. Ride quality i noticed is smoother than strut/spring setups even if the ride is stiffer. Highly recommend coilovers over strut and spring combo

I really like how you setup your swaybar. How big of a difference did it make compared to the stock rear endlinks?

Stripped most of the interior out... because racecar...

016_zpsbzn5aub2.jpg

018_zps0d9aas8u.jpg

Just kidding, Im going to be cleaning my mildew covered carpet. eewww

022_zpsggsphprx.jpg

I dont think so, there is no mildew on anything but the carpet under the front seats. I think its because i always park the car in the garage with the windows up and the lights off afer it rains. and it rains alot...

Could be. That's where I got mildew too though. A little compressed air in the sunroof drain freed it up for me and the mildew never came back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So here is an update. I've been driving the car for the last week or so with a gutted interior while ive been working on some cleaning. I've noticed that the lack of weight has made the car much more pleasant to drive. Aside from the lack of power steering, stiff suspension, heavy shifter, and mm vibes, One of the biggest things that has made my car exhausting to drive is the extreme lack of power. You dont really realize how much effort is put into just taking off from a stop, until that effort is no longer required. The car just goes now. And I'm not saying that I dont enjoy driving the car, because that couldnt be further from the truth, Its just that every little bit helps. That being said though, this is a daily driven wagon, so I am not planning to pull anything out of the interior. I am just trying to drop a little more weight while still staying completely functional. So far I've stripped all of the hard sound deadening off the floor and hatch (dry ice method), and removed a bunch of other unseen pieces of metal and plastic. So far totaling right around 40 lbs taken out.

I had to Jb weld a bunch of dimes to the floor because there were holes in the floorpan under the sound deadening.
22316%20002_zpsknym0vop.jpg

Sprayed some undercoating in the front footwells.
22316%20003_zpsagiy3mqp.jpg

Here is the pile of junk taken out of the car. That bag of sound deadening weighs like 24 lbs.
22316%20008_zpsez4ytnuk.jpg

And Here are some pics of some things that I just got.
First off, I picked up an awr rear motor mount 70 duro, that i hope to install within the next few weeks.
22316%20015_zpsmbclknm2.jpg

A carbing high grip shift knob, that I absolutely love. Was purchased through a member on here. This is finally the one. I've tried eight different shift knobs since i've had this car, and none were ever perfect. This knob with my kartboy shifter is perfection. It feels completely natural to me now.
22316%20012_zpszxhluynk.jpg

And last but not least, I recieved this used obx header today, two free o2 sensors, and a good donut gasket. Also from a member on here. It has a couple dents on one of the pipes, but other than that its great, welds still seem solid, no evidensce of any leaks, egr bung is pretty straight. Good deal. Im curious to see how this does compared to my stock manifold with gutted precat, which aside from the ridiculously deep and grumbly exhaust note, there were no positive effects. I lost alot of torque, and the motor just feels choked. Im just hoping it doesnt get much louder or really raspy with the header. And i'm planning on wrapping it to keep things cool, and to hide the dents.
22316%20021_zpswxssul0w.jpg

22316%20020_zpslsnirabp.jpg

Yup. but I think it is actually 22 lbs Weighing with a bathroom scale. Sedans had 21lbs for sure. Just get some dry ice, I bought 15 lbs. Hammer it into small chunks. Dump it onto a couple sections of the floor and distribute evenly over those sections. wait for like 5 mins, You'll hear a bunch of popping and squealing. And if you got it cold enough, most of it will just lift right out. the other less cold parts need to be pried out. Then move the dry ice to the other sections of the floor. It was actually really fun to do.

Last edited:
Its going to get pretty loud with the header.
I have a header to stock catted midpipe to an aftermarket muffler tucked under the bumper, and its still quite loud for being mainly stock exhaust
It sounds okay, but def sounded better without the header

The exhaust note will become more raspy with the obx manifold compared to stock manifold

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Nice updates man! Weight reduction is definitely the best way to get the car going better since it's pretty much free. That shift knob is sexy man!! Keep up the good work (thumb)

Back