Just another yellow P5 build...

Looks awesome! I love what you did with the air vents on the dash. Btw, in working on that rear strut tower bar, did you drill holes in the side paneling and put a little rubber bushing?

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Bumping for another question! Should I get all 4 of the strut bars and install them all? Or should I buy more high end bars for underneath?

In the holes cut in the hatch, I just slit some vacuum hose and fed it over the edge. And I'd get racing beat or progress swaybars.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

My wipers started turning on randomly by themselves and won't turn off. Never really dealt with something of this nature before. I read that there is a sensor that tells the motor when the wipers are at the bottom of their stroke, and that when it wears out this can happen because the motor is trying to get the wipers all the way down, even though they actually do go all the way.

Switched wiper stalks, problem still exists, so I think I'm gunna order a wiper motor.

I'm thinking your probrably right, if the stalk doesn't fix it, it could be the moter. Then again, it could be as simple as a short in the wires bypassing the switch giving the moter constant power.

... I read that there is a sensor that tells the motor when the wipers are at the bottom of their stroke, and that when it wears out this can happen because the motor is trying to get the wipers all the way down,...

That sounds right to me.... It's probably your autostop switch... It's not making contact anymore.

That sounds right to me.... It's probably your autostop switch... It's not making contact anymore.

Ordered a new one, I think my suspension played a role in its demise. It's pretty stiff, and hitting big bumps on the freeway makes the wipers skip a beat sometime.

Haha, when the wipers turned on full speed when it was dry out, it felt and sounded like it was trying to kill me.

Be Carefull !!!!

Things may get outta hand !!

Things just got outta hand!!! My new wiper motor came in, installed it, no problem, went in really easy. Turn the wipers on, and it works, great. Go to turn them off, AND THEY WON'T TURN OFF! They will turn off if I turn the key to off, then back on.

Anyway, I pull the plug and whip out the test light. There are 4 pins in the plug. When wipers are OFF only the lower right pin gets power, when I bump the stalk up to start the single wipe action, the upper left pin lights up for as long as I hold it. If I go to intermittent (which is the problem), the upper right pin lights up and stays on. I can turn off the switch, but the light still stays on. It's supposed to turn off. I swap stalks, the problem still persists.

I think I need to find the "intermittent wiper relay" if there us such a physical thing outside the stalk itself.

I think I need to find the "intermittent wiper relay" if there us such a physical thing outside the stalk itself.

I don't know ??? They refer to one in the schematic but I can't find any other reference to it. It could be integrated into the stock or into the motor
There is one for the rear wiper and they show where it is and how to test it.

The P5 wiring diagrams are missing that page,... So that's no help.

All I've got is the wiper motor test... and it doesn't seem to cover the intermittent function ???

I don't know ??? They refer to one in the schematic but I can't find any other reference to it. It could be integrated into the stock or into the motor
There is one for the rear wiper and they show where it is and how to test it.

The P5 wiring diagrams are missing that page,... So that's no help.

All I've got is the wiper motor test... and it doesn't seem to cover the intermittent function ???

I'm stumped too, either I managed to make 2 wiper stalks have "sticky" relays or there is something else I'm missing. I read everything in the manual, and like you said, nothing to be found.

If I can't figure it out soon, I'm gunna put a switch in line with the intermittent wire. I need reliable wipers, it's been raining a ton.

I suppose you could remove the intermittent pin from the connector just to see what happens... The wipers may work but without the intermittent function ???

You can remove individual pins from a connector by pushing the little tab from the back of the connector.

The pin snaps back in with no damage or cut wires.

I suppose you could remove the intermittent pin from the connector just to see what happens... The wipers may work but without the intermittent function ???

You can remove individual pins from a connector by pushing the little tab from the back of the connector.

The pin snaps back in with no damage or cut wires.
Genius, good temp fix.

That didn't really work. Well it sort of did. I only have full speed, and nothing else. And when you turn them off, they don't go back down.

Back