Just another yellow P5 build...

Guys, I finally found what I've been looking for. I have an old Greddy counterweight shift knob that I absolutely love, but at some point somebody tried to remove it's sticker. Not cool, the sticker is in terrible shape. I've been looking all over for a replacement sticker forever, but these knobs have become extremely rare.

For the first time I've seen in years, one came up on ebay with two unused stickers! I had to buy a whole other knob, but I don't even care. So satisfied. The knob was m12x1.25, so I got a brass adapter and all is well. So now I'll have two good ones with different color stickers.

20170123_210700_zpsxx6gdiey.jpg

Guys, I finally found what I've been looking for. I have an old Greddy counterweight shift knob that I absolutely love, but at some point somebody tried to remove it's sticker. Not cool, the sticker is in terrible shape. I've been looking all over for a replacement sticker forever, but these knobs have become extremely rare.

For the first time I've seen in years, one came up on ebay with two unused stickers! I had to buy a whole other knob, but I don't even care. So satisfied. The knob was m12x1.25, so I got a brass adapter and all is well. So now I'll have two good ones with different color stickers.

20170123_210700_zpsxx6gdiey.jpg

How do those stickers come off anyways?

Or do they not. I got mine used and it needs a resurfacing/polishing, so was curious if i can just take sticker off to save it.

i have one of these shift knobs sitting around collecting dust. not in the best shape tho. you trying to collect them all? mine is weird tho. it only screws on about 3 turns or so and that's how i got it.

Last edited:
How do those stickers come off anyways?

Or do they not. I got mine used and it needs a resurfacing/polishing, so was curious if i can just take sticker off to save it.
Once they're on, that's basically it. I can't see how anyone would get one off without damaging it. Maybe run a long m10x1.25 bolt up inside to push it up?

i have one of these shift knobs sitting around collecting dust. not in the best shape tho. you trying to collect them all? mine is weird tho. it only screws on about 3 turns or so and that's how i got it.
No thanks, hopefully two will be enough, haha. I'd buy the stickers if you have extras though.

Car started throwing a p0133 last night. Bank 1 sensor 1 slow response. My primary o2 sensor is located on the downpipe only 5 or so inches behind the turbo outlet. Not sure if I cooked the o2 sensor, or if it was a coincidence. I have been running the same sensors since at least 2010, not sure when the PO put it in before I got the car. Had a spare one I bought for our van a while back, cut and spliced it in and the issue is fixed, for now. I'm hoping they aren't getting too hot, so I made a copper heatsink for the sensor in the hopes of helping the possible issue.

Gunna crank up to 9 psi and see how afrs look. Just on the supermap for now, but the ssafc is very easy to play with, which is great!

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

At 10, its such a huge difference compared to stock 6-7 lol. Can't imagine 14-16. I'm hoping to be around 300whp with the forged engine. My 600cc injectors should be enough for that.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

At 10, its such a huge difference compared to stock 6-7 lol. Can't imagine 14-16. I'm hoping to be around 300whp with the forged engine. My 600cc injectors should be enough for that.

I'm hoping my little tdo4 can manage that kind of abuse. Hoping for around 250ish whp in the end. I'm still running the stock catted midpipe, so that needs to change soon. But really I'm just glad to be dailying it again.

Oil pressure has been dialed in to around 40psi cold start, and around 12-13 at hot idle. Follows the 10psi/1000rpms rule beautifully all throughout the Rev range.

That's awesome man! Glad everything was all sorted out. Still have the piston slap on cold starts though?

Go with a 3" straight pipe all the way back! Still running the stock MSP downpipe and the car sounds like a beast lol. New downpipe gonna be made for when the top mount turbo goes in

The piston slap only goes away sometimes. Even while hot, it's still there usually. I don't know why they're so loud. I had my machinist measure the clearances for me and they all were really good. Just gunna keep driving it. Start building my old motor as a spare in the meantime. And yeah, hopefully 3 inch.

Cranked up the boost to 10psi! Tune still looks great, steady 11.2-11.7 afr in boost rounds off to high 10s in the very upper range. The car really moves, took it out on the freeway, and passing power in 4th is insane.

Low gears, it just spins. My suspension is so stiff that any minor imperfection in the road will cause a huge one-wheel-peel. I get stuck going down steep driveways because my front inside wheel lifts off the ground, and the open diff only spins the tire that's off the gound... This has been made a little worse with the MS front sway bar too. Wouldn't trade it for anything though, rides perfect. Funnest car I've ever driven, and I get to drive it every day!

Cranked up the boost to 10psi! Tune still looks great, steady 11.2-11.7 afr in boost rounds off to high 10s in the very upper range. The car really moves, took it out on the freeway, and passing power in 4th is insane.

Low gears, it just spins. My suspension is so stiff that any minor imperfection in the road will cause a huge one-wheel-peel. I get stuck going down steep driveways because my front inside wheel lifts off the ground, and the open diff only spins the tire that's off the gound... This has been made a little worse with the MS front sway bar too. Wouldn't trade it for anything though, rides perfect. Funnest car I've ever driven, and I get to drive it every day!
Congrats sir! Best part is if anyone asks you can say that YOU did it (with a big ass "how the grinch stole Christmas" smile on your face). Enjoy every second.

sounds good man. im going to bug you with some questions about how you ran your oil lines with that fancy oil pump and fpr you got. my swaps happening sooooooooon

Latest posts

Back