jonridinhi's 5.0 GT

jonridinhi

:
2001 MP3/2010 MX5/1996 MILLINIA (donor)
So I sold the MP3 and got a new toy to play with....
1987 Mustang GT

MOD LIST:
Storman norman Hood with pins
saleen wing
16" ROHs rims
weld on frame supports
135 amp alt
MSD 6a multiple spark discharge
MSD distributor
MSD super conductor wires
1.7 roller rockers
March Aluminum Underdrive Pullies (Alt., Crank and W.P.)
A/C and Smog pump deleate
Cobra Radiator
16" push cooling fan
14" pull cooling fan
Adjustable thermo switch
CAI w/ 4" K&N air filter
Adjustable FPR
Short shifter
BBK Shorty headers
Pypes catless h pipe
Super 44 Flowmaster cat back exhaust

Tint: 35% sides and 20% rear

Gauges:
AEM Uego Wideband
Auto Meter Sport Comp-
Vaccum
L/O pressure
J/W Temp
Voltage
Fuel Tank Level
And finally the giant 5" Auto Gauge Tach (will be removed once I can find a replacement dash)

12JAN11: Just drove with prdracing late last night to go pick her up. Just washed and waxed the salt off of it from the trip back and parked it in the garage for now.

stang01.jpg

stang02.jpg

stang03.jpg

stang04.jpg

stang05.jpg

stang06.jpg

13JAN11: I took 10 miles of wireing out of it today and found the MSD ignition was not wired in, neither was the speakers to the head unit and that the previous owner had multiple amps running all at the same time. Also none of the gauges or the tach were wired in and 3 random toggles up under the dash.
I removed the A-pillatr gauges and the tach. The car had an alarm system and half the wireing was just cut and left. It is a mess but coming along.
Researched into my sticking gas pedal and found it to be the cable getting stuck but in the process I looked at the TB and discovered it to be way to clean for the milage (and possible egr deleate). Did further investigation and found that it appears to have the blue summit rocker roller arms installed, also appears to have no sludge or build-up on the top end at all. Will pull VC's in the days to follow. It has one area of rust on the frame and I wam waiting for one of the guys I know who owns his welding service to come look at it and tell me if the engine needs pulled. If so what out for the bay will turn into, it will get the focus instead of seats and suspension.

Last edited:
Looks clean. Nice pickup. My yard is similar to yours. 88 5.0 LX, 90 Probe GT and the MSP.

Last edited:
90-93 GT & LXs had 5 bolts. No biggie as I have yet to break or replace any of the lug studs that came with car. I do like those wheels, I think they are ROHs.

90-93 GT & LXs had 5 bolts. No biggie as I have yet to break or replace any of the lug studs that came with car. I do like those wheels, I think they are ROHs.

you learn something every day... definitely quite a change in direction from the MP3.

the probe looks good on RH's too. lol

I spy an aftermarket intake, hood, spoiler & wheels. What else's she got? I'm jealous....always wanted a 5.0 LX sedan from this generation.

Yep the ROHs. I was planning on a 5 lug swap but I like the rims to much on the car to worry about it right now.

you learn something every day... definitely quite a change in direction from the MP3.

the probe looks good on RH's too. lol

Completely Different Carl and that is what I wanted. I am going to build it for the corners but I got other projects first. The probe is prdracings. You should see the engine we built in that sucker.

I spy an aftermarket intake, hood, spoiler & wheels. What else's she got? I'm jealous....always wanted a 5.0 LX sedan from this generation.

Storman norman Hood with pins
135 ampo alt
full msd ignition
weld on frame supports
saleen wing
16" ROHs rims
CAI
Short shifter
catless h pipe
Super 44 Flowmaster exhaust
It has the wonderful huge tach and gauges everywhere that will be addressed
I also got the rear window louvers and a racing radiator waiting for install in the house and money to play....

I might be interested in those wheels if you ever decide to go 5 lug. How many miles on the engine?

The car has 130 on it and it is the original motor from what I was told. It has no leaks and runs great So I do not know if it has not been rebuilt. Too clean and smooth.

That's not bad considering its age. I rebuilt mine at 197K but it still ran stout and had no issues.

Enjoy it and have fun modifying it.

Will do. Fun car so far. I do need to fix the tank level float and the gauges and the door and seatbelt issues but nothing to major or expensive. just time consumeing

She's a clean machine, Jon. Very nice. I'm typically not a Mustang guy but I do wish I was with how clean they look, inexpensive and powerful they are and the huge aftermarket support. Are you going to make a build thread for it? I'd like to follow along for s**** and giggles.

Thanks lewis. Yes very clean for a stang. Foxbodys in good shape are hard and expensive down here (4grand for a good body and runs or a grand for a POS) I will update this with progress points. I took 10 miles of wireing out of it today and found the MSD ignition was not wired in, neither was the speakers to the head unit and that the previous owner had multiple amps running all at the same time. Also none of the gauges or the tach were wired in and 3 random toggles up under the dash.

Lewis just double your KL displacement and you got a 5.0. LOL

Yeah, the price is crazy....but love the car. What year did the hp / pistons change? Not exactly a change for the better....

93. 205 hp instead of 225 hp / 300 torque. 87-88 are speed density unless California cars. 89-93 have mass air. SD's were faster in stock form. Mass air conversions can be pieced together from recycler parts or bought new.

Last edited:
Gees....to think that the new 5.0 is putting out 412hp. Amazing what some cam timing and additional valves can accomplish. Oh-well...will always love a Fox Body 5.0.

Nice Fox Body. I had an 85' GT 5'speed for my first car. Bought it for $400.00 and it ran perfect minus a missing freeze plug. Body and tranny needed some TLC. Bought a 351 out of a 94' Lightning and rebuilt it to throw in the car. But ended up selling everything :( Last year for the carburetor as well on the Mustangs!

Thanks guys. See I am a big fan of the 4 eyes and I love the dash in 86 and below but I really wanted my fuel injection so finding an 86 was almost impossible in decent condition at a fair rate. I like ebay condition and the 650 miles but hate the coupe part.

Back