I've almost decided to sell my 2012 CX-9 and get a 2014 Mazda6 GT, crazy?

IgoZoom

:
2012 Mazda CX-9 GT FWD, Crystal White Pearl, Bose/Moonroof
I bought a new Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring FWD back on 11/27/2012. At the time, I was replacing another 3-row SUV (2007 Ford Explorer from HELL) and needed the space, mainly for when my niece and two nephews (and often their friends) were with me. Since then, my older sister (parent of one nephew) purchased a new 2013 Honda Odyssey, so we now have another 7-8 passenger vehicle in the family. My parents and I also helped my little sister (mother of the other nephew and my niece) buy a 2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee from a neighbor for dirt cheap, so my kid hauling days are pretty much over! And I'm not unhappy about that! =)

I love my CX-9, but driving a vehicle that averages 18.1mpg without any passengers (when there's room for seven) is less than ideal from an economical standpoint. I'm in a great position to sell it for two reasons- 1) I was fortunate enough to get a GREAT deal on it as a leftover 2012 and I paid cash for it (God bless Nana for putting me in her will) and I paid $29,706 plus sales tax for it with a sticker price of $38,385; and 2) My parents want to buy it from me! Initially, I lowballed the price and told my step-dad $25k, but he pulled the KBB, Edmunds and NADA values and even the Trade-In Value is just over $27k. So he is insisting on paying at least $27k, which is awesome. It only has 9200 miles on it and is in showroom condition (Crystal White Pearl w/ Sand Leather, Bose/Moonroof/Power Liftgate Pkg plus about $800 of OEM Mazda Accessories.

The object of my affection (lust) is none other than the 2014 Mazda6 i Grand Touring! My two favorite colors are Soul Red and Blue Reflex, both with Almond Leather interior. I've even been lucky enough to find two in the metro Atlanta area (one in each color) without the $900 Radar Cruise Control & Forward Obstruction Warning Sytem (which aren't worth the $900 if I can locate without!

The sticker on the Soul Red one is $30,590, but after some haggling and the $1000 Loyalty Discount, I can get it for $27,569! To qualify for the $1,000 incentive, financing thru Mazda Financial Services. But I qualify for the 0.9% for 36 months, so I'm planning to just put $18-$20k down and finance about $10k for 36 months. I could put at least $7k from the sale of my CX-9 in the bank and my payment on $10k would be $281.60 for 36 months. OR I could pay it off in a month or two.

In any case, I am in love with the Mazda6! I wish they would hurry up and release the Turbodiesel (Skyactiv-D, due this Summer) before I make a final decision. My CX-9 has a 273hp 3.7L V6 and I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy utilizing all that power sometimes! =)

The new Mazda6 i GT and my CX-9 both can do 0-60mph in the low-to-mid 7-second range, foot the floor. But the CX-9's torque (270lb-ft @ 4250rpm) has really spoiled me. The 2.5L Skyactiv-G has more than sufficient low-end grunt, but I'd still love to see what the new Turbodiesel is capable of.....

But I doubt that I can wait because I REALLY want that Soul Red one.

I'm curious, what accessories has anyone added to the a 2014 Mazda6 i Grand Touring?

Back