Its a sad day in my p5s world.

javanc

:
Silver MS3
Well I did the deed. Traded the p5 in for the MS3. Im gonna miss her soo much. Bye Bye aftermarket stereos and good SQ. Bye Bye dark, blue and low sled. Im gonna miss the kart feel and the wonderful visibility.
There is good news. I now have power to pass, and no more rockin hoppin motor. No more rough suspension and oh boy oh boy I now have DSC and traction control.
May I ask all my fellow p5 owners for a moment of silence to mourn the death of my p5. She was a great car and ill always have a place in my heart for her. But time has come to move on to bigger, better (IMO), faster things. Thanks everyone for all your support and help over the past many years. I lurked alot and learned alot. See ya soon in another forum. Javan

Congrats on upgrade! Post pics!

What's your first impression of the handling compared to P5?

congrats! you defenitely upgraded and im sure your p5 will soon get an owner that will be as enthusiastic as you were when you got it.

pics will come soon, its raining and dark so its not conducive to pics right now. As soon as the sun peeks thru the clouds the shutter will start clickin. If anyone wants to make a donation to my gas and tire fund id be more than happy to accept LOL. BTW how do you down size pics here. My pics are always too big to upload.

Congrats on getting such a great car. I know what you're going through though, I had a hard time letting go of my P5 even though I was getting an MS6.

Congrats on the MS3...you could have donated your P5 to me so I could alternate them! :) What color did you get?

Congrats on the MS3! But the ol' P5 lives on... don't hold a funeral till it's over. =P

Damn what a day. got 4900 for the trade, so friggin sad, and i dint even tell em about the fixed "frame damage" he he, their loss. All i can say about the new silver sport is HOT DIGGITY DAMN. Its blasted fast, and it revs so quick i hit 6000 on accident more than once. Yes its got turbo lag but i can live with it. The car has more power than i think i will ever sanely use. So nice to be able to accelerate "briskly" in 6th. And i also foolishly hit 120 already. The freeways empty cuz of the holiday so i couldnt resist, I was "showing the wife how stable the care is", thats my excuse. Anyways pics will be up tomorrow so be patient.

just a couple crappy night time shots. nothing special, there will be more tomorrow when the sun is shining. Heres some of the old baby, all beat up.

Attachments

• speed3 014.jpg
    speed3 014.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 231
  • speed3 015.jpg
    speed3 015.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 219
  • speed3 003.jpg
    speed3 003.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 192
  • speed3 002.jpg
    speed3 002.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 177
SeminoleMan said:
Congrats on the MS3, but $4900 for the P5 on trade in sounds horrible.

Note to self: keep p5 forever. I was offered 11k tradein this past summer with ~70k miles at the time. I guess they were on crack?

That trade was low, but i accepted with good reason. The only panels not scratched chipped or mildly dented were the drivers side doors and rear qrtr panel. This car survived my "growing up" years of abuse, and was invisible to people in parking lots and on the road. I also went thru 5 windshields during the past 4.6 years. I had 2 frame damage repairs and the a/c to this day doesnt work in 3 and 4. The motor mounts were shot and the tranny knocked on the longitudinal brace that runs underneath it. The rotors were toast and there was a mild clunk from the cv joints at the end of braking, like at a stop light. They didnt even test drive it, oh yeah and it has the infamous idle dip every once in a while. So with all those annoying problems it was more worth it to me to take the small hit to my pocketbook than to have to deal with it anymore. I spent more money on that car over the years than is humanly possible, more wrecks and ins. payout than the car was worth. 4900 was an ok number, oh yeah and when they try to sell it for 10g they'll have one mad new owner. My concience will bug me yes, but hey Mazda and its service dept. never took care of me why should i look out for them? But heres to the next 5 years of fun and no crashes or problems from the Speed 3. And hopefully they wont call me on Monday and cry about my carfax report.

As long as you are happy with your trade, then that is really all that matters :)

Thanks for the reaffirmation of my dumb decision. Yeah i hope i can sleep tonight, i know ill have bad dreams of my baby. Oh well at least i have a new beast to keep me busy. Man if only i could learn how to shift from 1st to 2nd without the jumpy jerk. I used to do the same friggin thing on the stock p5 clutch. Bad form peter, bad form.

I think you have to realize that its really not a death, but more of a changing of the guard for your P5. Maybe someone will come along and continue the legacy that you started with it. They can "grow up" in it as well, and learn from that car. Congrats on the new purchase, you have my exact car. I'm jealous.

Back