Issues with new 2012 GT

Hi,

I bought a new 2012 GT 3 weeks back. Lately,I've noticed few things.

1. There's mild vibration/rumble on acceleration on the lower gears. Its seems to be pretty consistent now.

2. There's a foul odour everytime I turn off and turn on the AC. It's similar to one where the AC filter needs to be replaced.

Just wondering if anyone of you had similar experience. I'm planning to take it back to the dealership, but do I need to pay for any repair ?

- Thanks

It's new so you have a warranty. Vibration could be out of balance tires or flat spots on tires. Foul odor could be mildew in HVAC system. Both could be caused by new car having sat on the lot for a while. I wouldn't sweat it. That's why they have a warranty becasue nothing is perfect and small stuff pops up all the time no matter the model or manufacturer.

yeah good to take it in, if nothing else just to document the issue.

i think last year i got a reflash for my 2011 to address an a/c issue, but i can't recall what it was. will dig up the paperwork and see.

it was a recall campaign about a/c performance, but it wasn't an issue i complained about just something they did while the car was there for other reasons. the pcm was reflashed.

@sts7049, did you ever get details on the reflash for the A/C issue? I notice mine has an odor for about the first 15-20 seconds then seems to go away. We're in a pretty dry climate so I'm thinking (hoping?) it's not a mildew build-up since the car is new.

thanks,
Bufffan
2012 CX9 AWD GT

it was just a performance reflash, like i said i didn't have any issues or smells...just something they did while the car was in for other reasons.

probably worth checking with dealer to see if the reflash is available to you. if the car was on the lot awhile it may be mildew too who knows.

I used to get mildew smell during the summer when I lived in Florida in all my vehicles. I would run the heater and fan on high every few weeks for a few minutes to dry everything out. Also blew compressed air in the AC drain tubes to keep them clear.

Back