Is this a good deal?

flatfoot

Dealer about an hours ride from me, is quoting me price on an mazda 5 that was traded in for a cx7.(At least thats what I am being told)
Its a 2006 with 9100 miles, in black, touring edition , auto, with navi.
Asking price is 17000, but I am pretty confident I can knock it down close to 16500. Any opinions?
I just a bit concerned on how this vehicle was driven and also, if it was gotten rid of, because of problems, which will then fall on me. I know I have the balance fo the warranty, but rather not be in the position of having to constantly use it.
Any opinions. Stay safe

From what I have seen around here (Chicago) that is a great price!

That is what the Sport model's are listing for...equipped like that they are 19K

Where are you? If you don't buy it maybe I will make a road trip!

I think it's a great deal for the mileage and options...The 5 is right around resale price, and that navi would normally run you $1,000 to add on the regular sticker upon initial purchase...

If you're concerned over the car having problems I might be able to help put your mind at ease...It would basically be traded in for one of the following things-

1.) The owners got spooked really badly when Mazda recalled the 5's last year to upgrade the ECU and install the heat shields on the exhaust...Not to worry your car will have the upgrade and TSB completed for sure

2.) The previous owners didn't like the "crunching" sound their 5 made on cold days when the stabilizer bushings did their thing...Not a safety issue, but I can definitely see why a lot of people would be frustrated over noises occuring as they drive their new car...I happen to be lucky and live in California so the noise is few and far between for me...Mazda has also issued a TSB for this fix as well so chances are if this is why it was traded in, it is fixed now and the new bushings have been installed

3.) The previous owner was a single male and got really tired of being called a soccer mom by all of his friends (rofl)

I'd say grab that used 5 and enjoy it!!! :D You have nothing to worry about my friend, all used 5's are thoroughly inspected and odds are the dealership isn't feeding you a lie with that CX-7 story...I know quite a few owners who have traded in their M6's, 3's, and 5's for one already...I came really close to waiting for the CX-7 when I began looking at the 5 too :D

So go ahead get the 5...You know you want to...All the cool kids are doing it...Be one of us ;)

Last edited:
where is car

Sponge said:
From what I have seen around here (Chicago) that is a great price!

That is what the Sport model's are listing for...equipped like that they are 19K

Where are you? If you don't buy it maybe I will make a road trip!

The vehicle is still on lot according to dealer(I have not seen it, it was advertised and I spoke with salesperson)
It is located on long island, new york. If you decide you need specifics, just ask. My spouse is not too keen on it.

Stay safe

^Thanks we'll see what works out on the local one's

Something missed as a reason
#4 it was a Hertz Rental Car and it was either wrecked and or the mileage was up

Back