Is this a good deal for a Mazda3 hatchback?

The dealer is offering me $18,700 for:
-AT
-ABS package
-moonroof package

Do you guys think this is a good deal, or should I keep bargaining for more?

The price doesn't include tax/tags/processing fee...

if the dealer is offering, then you can go lower.

don't let dealers make the offer, youre the one buying the car

Doesn't sound like a bad deal. What's mazdausa say the price should be? I paid $18,415 for leather, ABS and moonroof package

moshinsk@yahoo. said:
The dealer is offering me $18,700 for:
-AT
-ABS package
-moonroof package

Do you guys think this is a good deal, or should I keep bargaining for more?

The price doesn't include tax/tags/processing fee...

Go to Edmunds.com for a comparison. You can get info on the invoice compared to the MSRP, also a TMV. Your specific model was invoiced at $18,118. So you are roughly paying 600 over invoice. That is not a bad deal, I've seen them come as close as invoice for the car but hey, results will vary. I paid under invoice for my fully loaded 3 but hey, I'm good at negotiating (wink)

mikethuan said:
Go to Edmunds.com for a comparison. You can get info on the invoice compared to the MSRP, also a TMV. Your specific model was invoiced at $18,118. So you are roughly paying 600 over invoice. That is not a bad deal, I've seen them come as close as invoice for the car but hey, results will vary. I paid under invoice for my fully loaded 3 but hey, I'm good at negotiating (wink)

Hmm I'm getting $18,576 dealer invoice price off of edmunds and cars.com?

It's basically his second offer... Do you guys think it's a good idea to try to get him to throw in some minor options (the fancy mirror or the all-weather mats..) instead of trying to haggle over a $100 on the price?

seems ok

Mine was 19,500 with all but navigation so yours seems to be a good price. Try to go lower and check the reaction.... Do you have the rebate for previous Mazda owners?

Not a bad price, my 3s 4d was 18,000 with custom katskin leather(much better than cheap factory) and polished wheels.

I went to Edmunds.com and put in the exact specs for the car I wanted.

I ended up paying $500 over invoice. They were not willing to deal that much because the car is so new. But, I was happy with the price and I love the car!

Titanium 5 door

I think no one should pay more than invoice for their Mazda3. I bought mine for $18250 before $1000 in rebates. My car is a HB with ABS, Moonroof, and Xenon, so it was like $120 below invoice before the rebates. The car was mint with 2 miles on the odometer.

Lots of internet sites for dealers are showing Mazda3s available at invoice, or $100 to $200 above it, without haggling. There is zero excuse to pay more.

LeeLee said:
Lots of internet sites for dealers are showing Mazda3s available at invoice, or $100 to $200 above it, without haggling. There is zero excuse to pay more.
Where? It would be really helpful for a lot of us potential buyers. Thank you!!

Peter

Back