Is this a bad CV Axle?

That seems to be the general consensus so I guess I have some work to do this weekend.

Yeah it does sound like a wheel bearing in the front and there's a chance that bearing is spun meaning you would need a new hub if that's the case a new hub just for the part is 2 hundred smackers. I hope you don't need a new hub

Not trying to jinx you man.. I guess I've learned to expect the worst with my Mazda... I was only trying to get you prepared for what I just had to replace less than a month ago.

Oreillys were the only ones who could get it to me the same day everybody else said it would be two or three days special order the cheapest was 180$ at carquest And oriellys was 204$. I don't think I've ever purchased a part from a dealer. What's really sad the regular four lug protege front hub is only about 50$ Mazdaspeed 5 lug front hub 4 times that!

Try rockauto.com.....yea you will have to wait for shipping but they have killer prices.....and if you go that route i have a code for 10% off part and shipping that i will give you

Back