Is it safe to buy tire and wheels online?

iracemine said:
I know you said you wernt going to buy used but its not safe. you wouldent buy used brake pads would you? tires and rims are a wear product. you cant tell if they have a flat spot on a tire or if the bias have sperated or if a rim has a crack or a any defect of that nature. Thats why your looking for the two major online stores... warrintee. tire rack online is ok, I just have had 100% irrataion with the phone help. If I wasent going stock or what they think is "correct" they would get fisty with me so why bother. I have purchased tires in the past from the online service, and they would be here in two days. not bad but im just buying stockers. Discount tire direct is awsome. Ill talk to them for 10 min or an hour, theis guys help me with sizing tires on rims or fitting them on to my car. never charged for shipping. never give me hard time telling me what I "need to do" they just have helpfull attitude and customer service is key for me, thats why I like shopping from ken at Protegegarage.com last time they helped me out and they fit and handel like a dream.......

SpEl CheKAr BrOKan?(silly)

there are a lot of reputable companies that are online. I have gotten wheels and tires off of ebay and other sites as well. Here are the ones that worked for me.

I got my last set of wheels and tires for my Integra before I sold it from here. Came mounted and balanced well with lugs as well!! 17in for $649 shipped!! 18's and 19's are under $1000 shipped!! High quality too!

https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)

I had an Acura Legend that I bought 2 sets of wheels for from these guys. They sell on ebay as well but you can buy direct as well. They sent them to my house ready to go mounted and balanced. I got a deal on 17's for $549 from these guys shipped!!

www.gotwheelsandtires.com

This guy is an awesome help with more than just tires. But check them out!
https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)

Hope that helps!!

Thank you. I wish more sites had the option to see them on your ride before ordering.

Looking for tire options for a MS6 215/45/18 got any good suggestions? I have had Cooper Zeon ZPT recommended.

so what did you decide to get?

Well I ended up buying a set from a vendor that the dealership uses that I liked. I forgot the name of them because they were a quite odd name, but they are nice.

I was going to order some from Discount Tire, but they never called me back and I had cash in hand, but oh well.

I will put up pictures when I finally get them.

I got my last set of rubber from discount tire direct and the set of rims to match from a local guy here too. he matched ebay and threw in mounting and balance for free.

Well here it is, but they still havent sent me a reciept with the names of them. The manufacturer is Quantum if I am not mistaken.

they're 225/40R18 with no fender rolling needed.

0808071943.jpg

Sorry picture was from a cell phone.

When I get the exact name and info I will post it.

Last edited:
Thank you. I wasn't sure how they would look with the 2 colors, but I am pretty happy with them.

Soon I will get a picture with a better camera.

Back