Is it bad to drive with the DSC off all the time?

dsc has saved me i have taken turns at 130+ mph, and just when i think i am going to die. the car goes back on track and makes the turn perfectly! i think that the dsc is one of the best things this cars has..... i just turn it off to race.

In the ms3 I drive with dsc and traction control off all the time unless it is raining then it is just dsc off. You all have AWD so keeping traction around corners must be even easier.

Last edited:
yea but in that turn i coud tell the dsc was working, and it works preaty good! i am not a race car driver so i dont mind being corrected by the dsc!

yea but in that turn i coud tell the dsc was working, and it works preaty good! i am not a race car driver so i dont mind being corrected by the dsc!

No computer is going to tell me how to drive damnit! What the hell are you doing driving at 130 anyway? Hope that wasn't a public road.

No computer is going to tell me how to drive damnit! What the hell are you doing driving at 130 anyway? Hope that wasn't a public road.

nop moroso rce track! but there was a 120 mph speed limit i went over the speed limit in the track!

I drive with DSC off every time I drive. I haven't experienced snow but have thouroughly experienced rain. In every scenario, DSC gives better performance and more control over your car. Of course if you don't know how to take a turn, the car will get messed up. You have to think in 50/50 mode when you are driving g worthy, also think turbo, and of the outstanding downshift this car can pull. Life saving maneuvers do not consist of merely brake.

I do this becuase in 2004 my friend bought a new GTO LS1, with traction control, and in many scenarios, being able to control your car, without traction control on, saved our lives numerous times from accidents as well as popo. We lost to an SRT-4 at an 80mph roll because he did not turn TCS off. We also lost to a voluptuous woman in a 2001 5 series BMW. Embarassing.

DSC will not allow a 5800rpm shift to occur the way the MAZDASPEED6 was designed. The extra RPM to redline were designed for aftermarket improvement to take care of (i'm taking a guess here) without having to change the entire map of the car once the proper bolt-ons are applied.

The only difference you'll experience with the DSC off is a obvious indicator light on the dash. The system is never really entirely off. It just allows for it bit more wheelspin and yaw vs. steering angles before it reels you in again.

It makes a huge difference when driving on ice or snow. I went ice racing last winter and can safely say the dsc stops almost all wheelspin while turning it off let's you spin all four wheels for a much quicker launch. On dry pavement though, that's another story.

Latest posts

Back