ipod dock in P5

dirtyz

i am going to be replacing my stock speakers this weekend, and figured I'd try and find a way to mount my ipod touch so that it is easier to use.

Here is my idea -
I have a cigarette charger plug for my ipod already, and an aux line out (which used to be plugged into my Sirius radio, which i dont have anymore).

If I buy something like this, I can then plug the cigarette plug into the dock, and then line in into the back of the dock.

the problem then is where do I place the dock.

Suggestions? Am I crazy? Dumb?

Can't tell you what to do with the 1x1 pixels but I would either put the dock on the arm rest or the the right of the hand brake. On the dash would be good except it get in the way of windshield view.

if you have a non-stock one din head unit you can try getting a modified plug-in that just lays in the spare din. That way its out of the way, and somewhat hidden.

Or my friend's sister drilled a few holes to pass a cable from the radio to the glove box. she did it quite easily and it stays out of sight as well.

My iPod sits in my glove box, didn't need to drill or cut any holes. Would be nice to have it elsewhere for easy access, but since most controls can be done my the HU, not a big deal. Very nice because I don't have to take it out when I get out of my car. Hoping to buy a new HU in the near future that actually charges my iPod Touch 2nd gen.

i do have a non stock HU (Eclipse) but it's an older model that does not have the ipod control function. So I need to keep my ipod in the open so that I can change songs..

i'm going to experiment with it today, and see what happens..

well my friend's sister has a pick-up truck from ford i think. so its a little different.

well that first one pretty much solves his dilema and mine as well! lol

very nice find (dance)

if you guys buy em, PLEASE let me know how it works.

Trying to find a spot for the iphone in the Miata isn't going well. lol

So for now it just sits in teh passenger seat pluged in via Aux

well with the ticket i got this monday i wont be able to even buy my girlfriend an anniversary presant. (friday) life sucks when you are 18 and half of ur savings goes toward a $241 bogus ticket.

Back