iphone 6 connection problem

Have anyone of you just connected your iPhone 6 into the USB port directly - NO WORKIE....Tried 3 of them, it has an error message. I know why.

iPhone 6 - 64 GB running iOS 8.0.2 works fine when streaming over Bluetooth and when connected to USB port directly. First time connecting to USB took almost 10 full minutes to finish reading, but then worked fine. Subsequent connections always take 3 full minutes to read, but then plays fine. As other users report, playback position is not remembered, but you do have full functionality of navigating from steering wheel and nav screen. I updated the iPhone 6 to iOS 8.1.0 today and everything still works. It still takes a full 3 minutes to read, but then plays fine. My preference is to stream over Bluetooth as that always connects immediately and always remembers playback position. The workaround to shuffling songs is to use the steering wheel control/voice nav to tell it to "Shuffle."

iPhone 6 - 64 GB running iOS 8.0.2 works fine when streaming over Bluetooth and when connected to USB port directly. First time connecting to USB took almost 10 full minutes to finish reading, but then worked fine. Subsequent connections always take 3 full minutes to read, but then plays fine. As other users report, playback position is not remembered, but you do have full functionality of navigating from steering wheel and nav screen. I updated the iPhone 6 to iOS 8.1.0 today and everything still works. It still takes a full 3 minutes to read, but then plays fine. My preference is to stream over Bluetooth as that always connects immediately and always remembers playback position. The workaround to shuffling songs is to use the steering wheel control/voice nav to tell it to "Shuffle."

What do you do to use the steering wheel to shuffle it. thanks

I do find myself that connectivity via BT is probably the quickest and reliable method with the NB1.

What do you do to use the steering wheel to shuffle it. thanks

If I initiate shuffle from the phone, it plays alphabetically. But if I initiate shuffle from the steering wheel / voice command button and say "Shuffle - All" the shuffle function works as expected. I can then use the forward / back buttons on the steering wheel to randomly go to next song. If I use the commands on the phone at any time, it goes back to alphabetically playing the songs.

My iPhone 6 works fine with Bluetooth and so did my 5S. Got the 6 about two weeks ago now, no issues!

My preference is to stream over Bluetooth as that always connects immediately and always remembers playback position. The workaround to shuffling songs is to use the steering wheel control/voice nav to tell it to "Shuffle."

I tried this with my new iphone 6 today and agree it may be less frustrating to me than the USB connection issues. My question, you have to use the phone controls to get it to the list you want to play first, right? No way to do that or change once your driving via the car audio controls?

I tried this with my new iphone 6 today and agree it may be less frustrating to me than the USB connection issues. My question, you have to use the phone controls to get it to the list you want to play first, right? No way to do that or change once your driving via the car audio controls?

Yes, you have to find the list you want using phone controls first, then use voice command to shuffle. At least that's the only way I know how to get it to work.

I have an iPhone 6 Plus and the 2015 CX5. The iPhone pairs just fine, but then it's locked up for 4 min and 30 sec while it downloads info to the head unit. While it's doing that, I cannot use the hands free or play my music. This unit is worse than the 2011 CX9 unit that I traded in. If I would have known about this, I'm not sure I'd have bought this car. And I've owned Mazda's for 30 years.

I have a 6 week old 2015 CX5 that I purchased band new. I also have an iPhone 6 and I am having the same problems as some of you. It takes 3-5 minutes for my phone to connect. My calls drop when I get into my car while the phone starts to pair. My music repeats songs while it is not on repeat, it skips, and it drops calls. My car is only 6 weeks old. I am so disappointed in this car and the choice I made with going with the CX-5. Has Mazda done anything for anyone? Any fixes? I have spoke with the corporate Handsfree dept and they said there is no fix for these problems and they have fixed them in the new 2016 model. Sure enough, I tried a 2016 and the phone instantly pairs, instantly transfers calls when you get in your car, does not have any "uploading phonebook" issues. I am curious to know what has happened with anyone else having issues like this?

Has anyone looked into the lemmon law? from what I have read, this would count as Blue tooth/handsfee is a safety issue.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Lauren
laurenkotch@aol.com

Hello Lauren

I have a 6 week old 2015 CX5 that I purchased band new. I also have an iPhone 6 and I am having the same problems as some of you. It takes 3-5 minutes for my phone to connect. My calls drop when I get into my car while the phone starts to pair. My music repeats songs while it is not on repeat, it skips, and it drops calls. My car is only 6 weeks old. I am so disappointed in this car and the choice I made with going with the CX-5. Has Mazda done anything for anyone? Any fixes? I have spoke with the corporate Handsfree dept and they said there is no fix for these problems and they have fixed them in the new 2016 model. Sure enough, I tried a 2016 and the phone instantly pairs, instantly transfers calls when you get in your car, does not have any "uploading phonebook" issues. I am curious to know what has happened with anyone else having issues like this?

Has anyone looked into the lemmon law? from what I have read, this would count as Blue tooth/handsfee is a safety issue.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Lauren
laurenkotch@aol.com

Hello Lauren:

I do hope you have looked at the 17 page thread on the replacement of the BT/USB module in your 2015 CX-5. I do not own an Iphone, but did have troubles with the BT/USB module that came with my 15! After the module was replaced, my 2 Android phones now work properly, and the Voice Recognition is also improved.

This page boils it down!
http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/show...-FIX-USB-playback-and-SMS-Bluetooth!!!/page17

Unfortunately, I do not think you would get too far with the lemon law route, considering the many troubles others have had with Apple Iphones. If I were defending, I would simple hook up an Android phone to prove it was an Apple Issue! Also I believe lemon laws are way different between states...not sure where you are...

Please do take your CX-5 to your dealer for the module replacement (MUST BE FIRMWARE VER 7.00!!!) That is a start if you have not already done so.

Best of luck...

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back