Introducing the All-New 2014 Mazda6

Doesn't have to be. Just can't be aggressive with the boost like the current DISI engines are.

I figured as much. then they'll probably use a small turbo with a reasonable boost on it for more power... will that need a lower compression though or stay with the 13:1 thats on the US?

I figured as much. then they'll probably use a small turbo with a reasonable boost on it for more power... will that need a lower compression though or stay with the 13:1 thats on the US?

That's really going to need to come down to materials used for internals as well as the tune itself. Both have potential to make it cost more than its worth.

New pics added...:D

2014_mazda_mazda6_actf34_ns_90512_717.jpg

2014_mazda_mazda6_f34_ns_905122_815.jpg

2014_mazda_mazda6_f34_ns_90512_815.jpg

2014_mazda_mazda6_group_ns_905122_815.jpg

2014_mazda_mazda6_group_ns_90512_815.jpg

i personally dislike everything mazda has come out with since 07. it either looks too pokemon or just has really ugly/awkward body lines, like this 6.

I used to not like the smile, but it grew on me. Looks better than the generic crap every other car company is going with. However, I wouldnt say the new designs like this 6 or the cx5 are ugly.

I will gladly give up the smile for the new face of CX-5 and 6. I like how the grill brightwork flows directly into headlights.

new mazda6 wagon with a diesel and manual transmission would be a nice replacement for our 2008 mazda5 :D

New videos are showing up on YouTube...Added this one to the list...

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/toqIi3_5UDE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I have CX-5 with Skyactiv and love it! (surprised to not find any CX-5 owner here... anyone?) I've had it for a little over a month, put about 1300 miles on it, and my average MPG right now is 32.9, for Touring FWD model.
This new Mazda 6 looks really nice. I wasn't that crazy about the front lights/grille redesign on CX-5, and while I still bought it because it was the best deal for the kind of vehicle I was looking for, now I like it so much better because of this new Mazda 6. Great job Mazda!! :)

Mazda has finally gotten past it's smiling front end and this is the new face of mazda. The CX-5 was the first to have it, now the 6, the 3, and the miata

2014Mazda3edit.png

6721897489_429b820605_z.jpg

This looks great.

I really wish they would bring the wagon over here, as well as the diesel AND the manual.

I love the fact that they have a KERS device in it.

I love everything on this car,from front to back and to the interior...(wow)

Just came across this vid...

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/2DkooMPtSWg?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This just in.

The 2014 Mazda 6 is coming out this January, 2013 in the United States!!!! Just a few months away.
With 189HP, it has a 0-60mph time of 7.8 seconds and Mazda claims it gets 37mpg.
It Will be offered with a 6 speed manual option or 6 speed automatic.
Mazda claims it is the most responsive and gives the most feedback out of any other system that is not drive by wire.

Source: Edmunds InsideLine: First Drive
http://www.insideline.com/mazda/6/2014/2014-mazda-6-first-drive.html

Back