intermittent wiper stalk work plug and play with protege?

terrytek247

:
2002 Mazda Protege ES 2.0
so i see people selling intermittent wiper stalks for the protege, possibly pulled off other mazda models, and it seems like it's a plug and play fit into the protege, which doesn't have them. but my question is, will the car notice it now has an variable speed stalk, and adapt the variable speed function that it will be able to use? because my protege right now has no variable speed function, and i feel like if i get the stalk, it would be useless to use the variable speed on, because the car never had it in the first place. will the car notice it's got variable speed on its own and use it, or will i have to do something special in order for it to work? it's kind of sad when my base model 2001 mazda mpv dx has variable speed wipers, but my top of the line 2002 protege doesn't have it.

The variable intermittent function is in the stalk, just swap the stalk over, nothing else to do.
One of the first mods I did along with the escape rain-spray washer nozzles.

The variable intermittent function is in the stalk, just swap the stalk over, nothing else to do.
One of the first mods I did along with the escape rain-spray washer nozzles.

wow really? now i'm tempted to swap in a variable intermittent swap from another model into my car because i quite like this feature in my mpv. can you possibly lead me to a guide to remove the old one and replace it with a variable speed one?

wow really? now i'm tempted to swap in a variable intermittent swap from another model into my car because i quite like this feature in my mpv. can you possibly lead me to a guide to remove the old one and replace it with a variable speed one?

Remove steering column covers, Remove 2 screws and plug from wiper stalk, remove and replace with Variable intermittent stalk then reassemble.

I have one if you need one, or if you find one in a junkyard look for a Mazda 6 sedan or an RX8

Back