Interior Problems

three

:
Mazda 3
Has anybody else had any problems with about 3" of water gettin in the floorboards in the front and back passenger side. Just took a 5 hour trip and it was raining for bout 10 minutes.

three said:
Has anybody else had any problems with about 3" of water gettin in the floorboards in the front and back passenger side. Just took a 5 hour trip and it was raining for bout 10 minutes.

I learned to swim in my Pontiac Sunbird.... got flooded a few times. But never in my "3".

Here is what happened in my Sunbird, might help you find what's wrong with your Mazda.

Water came in through the ventilation fan after some leaves clogged the drain holes where the air comes into the car. Air comes in from below the windshield, so does water. Water is drained into the engine bay and fresh air goes into the cabin. But if for some reason the drains are not functionnal, water goes up and eventually goes into the fan and finds its way into the cab.... and there you have a mess that takes a long time to dry.

Get a ShopVac to suck all the water off the carpet. I had to remove the seats and lift the carpet to suck all the water underneath. If you fail to do this, it will take forever to dry and hello rust .... it is not the carpet itself that contains the water, but what is between the floor and the carpet, the isolation.

Good luck!

The thing is that it is only in the back floorboard. I have had all kinds of leaks in my three. The hatch was leaking 3 days after i bought it, a month later the passenger door was leaking then the driver then both back doors and now this. Is there any way that i can find out if my car is a lemon or not. Im thankin bout trading it in and gettin a tiburon or a scion or something.

I know i said it was in the front and back before but that was because the water was so deep in the back everytime i hit the brakes it would go over the little hump under the seat and get to the front.

Last edited:
I brought it in today. They said they would need it for 5 days. Ill post up what they find to be the problem so yall can check your cars.

just a suggestion, once you get it back.. hose it down for like 20 minutes, just drench the car.. find any other leaks ASAP before any real damage can occur.
not only will it rust out the car in no time, but it'll also create mold making your car a really unsafe/unhealthy place to be

damn man... good luck, and deffinatly let us know what they find... thats some nasty soundin shiat... definatly not right...

Will do...... Yeah im gonna spray the car down completely and then sit inside and watch for a little bit just to make sure theres no more leaks. But i will post what the dealership finds out.

Just got the car back from the dealership today smellin nice and minty instead of moldy. The drain for the air conditioner was busted from when the car was first assembled. It was covered under warrantee and got a nice smellin air freshner out of it. Anybody who has an 04 Mazda 3 might wanna go get it checked just in case.

Oh yeah, How can i find out what number mazda 3 i have. Like when it was made and all that.

Sticker on the driver's door jamb will give you the month of manufacture. Other than that, the VIN is the only unique ID. These aren't numbered like an MSP.

If it rains VERY hard for any period of time, I get some leakage down my a-pillars. I have no idea where it's coming in from, either. I have a sunroof, but upon inspection of the inside gutter after a heavy downpour resulting in wet a-pillars, it was completely DRY.

Here's a photo:

575301_34_full.jpg

(uhm)

I'm a bit suspicious about this roof seam:

575301_35_full.jpg

I cant see the pics but it could it possibly be leaking through the door sills?

Mine did that too. I took it to the dealer and they had to replace all the seals in all four doors and also if you go to the dealership ask them to check the rear tail lights i also had a leak in one of those....it kept filling up my spare tire well and made my car stink really bad.

Back