Interior Lighting

Lol I'm in queens too in flushing... Haven't seen any other cx5 yet....if you see me holla !!!

Now for interior lights... Need bulb type... Anyone know?

Last edited:
Lol I'm in queens too in flushing... Haven't seen any other cx5 yet....if you see me holla !!!

Now for interior lights... Need bulb type... Anyone know?

i'll try to get as many as i can figured out tomorrow,
if you can meet up with ben to take a pic with both your drls in the same pic to compare brightness/quantity of light

im in flushing too... i think its your cx-5 i see down the street where i live hahaha.. what a small world...
lets meet up so we can compare the drls...

hey badapple, when you checked the license bulbs did you notice how they were mounted? pointing down or sideways? and if sideways, what orientation was the socket, flat or vertical compared to the plane of the lens?

hey badapple, when you checked the license bulbs did you notice how they were mounted? pointing down or sideways? and if sideways, what orientation was the socket, flat or vertical compared to the plane of the lens?

LP lights are pointing down.

ok cook, thats important to know for choosing a bulb

did you get my pm with the bulb sizes?

Yes. It is updated. Thanks!

I have been trying to find a 28mm Festoon bulb that might work in the map lights but have had no luck. If anyone finds some..post up a link!!

Last edited:
Yes. It is updated. Thanks!

I have been trying to find a 28mm Festoon bulb that might work in the map lights but have had no luck. If anyone finds some..post up a link!!

with the way the spring mounts are in the map lights i think the 30's on superbright leds i linked in post would work, its what i'm gonna try

with the way the spring mounts are in the map lights i think the 30's on superbright leds i linked in post would work, its what i'm gonna try

Yea...they may. I Put in a order for the map lights and vanity lights. I have not made up my mind on the reverse lights yet because the stock reverse lights work well with my back up camera.

Yea...they may. I Put in a order for the map lights and vanity lights. I have not made up my mind on the reverse lights yet because the stock reverse lights work well with my back up camera.

yeah i'm still debating the reverse and plate lights to make them 'match' the xenons on the front, as well as the drls once ben and kimchei get together to see who reigns for brightest led drls lol

I can tell you my DRLs are bright enough that at times I forget to turn on my xenons lol...

Lol, i think mine are bright as kimchei's drl..

IMG_0837.jpg

IMG_0835.jpg

Man those do look very bright. NICE!

I was able to install my new fog lights LED and also license plate bulb. Let me know what you guys think.

2012-04-24%252020.20.17.jpg

2012-04-24%252020.20.48.jpg

Last edited:
looks good guys
still can't decide which ones i wanna get, the amazon or the jdm ones they look equally bright here but hte daytime ones made kims look brighter

Okay...so i got my LED's in for the front map lights and the rear trunk light...

I have problems!!!

First off...they fit in the map lights...the 31mm was no problem!! When i put both LED's in the sockets and turn the lights to the off position, the map lights stay on...they are dim, but they are on. The only way i can get the map light with the LED to turn completely off is when i remove 1 LED from either map light and place it with a stock bulb...then the LED turns completely off and works properly.

Is there a way to fix this??

Next problem i have is i attempted to put one of the LED's in the trunk light and it worked...then it stopped working. I blew the fuse but can't figure out which fuse is for the trunk light. HELLLPP please... i have been digging in the manual with no luck.

I ordered the 3022-xHP4 Festoon LEDs for the Map lights and the trunk light.
http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-bin/store/index.cgi?action=DispPage&Page2Disp=%2Ffestoon.html

So i am thinking that my LED problem has something to do with the low resistance of the LED's. :'(

the dim bulbs is really odd...incandescent bulbs would show a low voltage flow before leds would, what happens if you put one led only? then if you push the second led so its just touching the contacts but not installed?

as for the cargo, all ya can do is check ever fuse in teh dash till you find the blown one

Back