Interesting finds on the 2010 Japanese Axela site

nate0123

rawr!
:
2023 Mazda CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus, 2019 Hyundai Veloster N
www.mazda.co.jp

What is this touchscreen audio system (slash large nav screen?) Not that the dash needs another screen. I actually like how the nav is up and out of the way on our 3, but interesting nonetheless.

And paddle shifters? I wonder why these didn't show up on the North American 3?

AxelaInterior.jpg

Also found this on a Malaysian Mazda site.

Body colored grille insert. Sort of a lateral move in my opinion but an interesting difference.

And... are those wind splitters I see?

mazda3_2010_front2.jpg

They also get paddle shifters in Malaysia.

mazda3_2010_cockpit.jpg

typical - the Japanese always get the better stuff.

I've actually gotten literature for joining MyMazda that shows my/our Celestial Blue Mazda 3 w/a body color grille. I kinda like it and kinda don't. Paddle shifters would've been nice, but if they're both upshifters, then there's no point to them.

Looks like the paddles are down on the front, up on back.

I'd love to have a set of the Mazdaspeed wheels for the 2008 MPV.....

yea, but at the same time more people should learn how to drive and maybe you wouldnt have to get paddle shifters on your auto, ya kno???

I used to think that way. It gets tiring being so absolute and idealistic.

yea, but at the same time more people should learn how to drive and maybe you wouldnt have to get paddle shifters on your auto, ya kno???

nothing wrong with paddel shifters- i wish our mazda5 had them!

I used to think that way. It gets tiring being so absolute and idealistic.

me too, until we bought our auto mazda5. now, i appreciate sometimes that it HAS an auto and i can just sit back and drive.

please let's not turn this into another auto vs manual thread. we have our cars the way we want them and that's it.

I'm glad the shifters aren't only upshift - at Zoom Zoom Live one year I took out an RX-8, threw it in manual mode, and smacked the paddle shifter while I was turning the wheel in a hard corner. Guess what - the damn thing UPSHIFTED to 3rd in the middle of the turn. Talk about anticlimactic!

please let's not turn this into another auto vs manual thread. we have our cars the way we want them and that's it.

I'm glad the shifters aren't only upshift - at Zoom Zoom Live one year I took out an RX-8, threw it in manual mode, and smacked the paddle shifter while I was turning the wheel in a hard corner. Guess what - the damn thing UPSHIFTED to 3rd in the middle of the turn. Talk about anticlimactic!

hey, no problem!

i want those Mazdaspeed wheels for my mazda5 :D

you guys didn't get paddle shifters? weird..

we got them in AUS also

1VKLg.jpg

fronts are both down, rear is up.

I like the feature, but I still use my shifter to upshift/downshift as thats what I did with my BK, but its pretty good if your cruising on a highway and playing with satnav or something and want to overtake, just move your thumb a bit and your ready to go!

we didnt get the cool 'push start' button tho, or driving lights that move around etc..

Last edited:
Paddle shifters? Tried em..... not nearly as exciting as punching the gas and throwing a stick in gear!

Back