intake????

ok question i was wondering if the k&n drop in filter helps at all?does anyone have one?? i saw that on a evo which has the same amount of hp to the wheels as us ms6s it add like 18 hp with the drop in replacement..but i mean its only lik 50 bucks anyone got anything??? thanks

im not sure on how much it will had, but it will defin help alot. stock air boxes are super restrictive. if youre looking for a quick boost and dont want to spend the 150 on an sri the drop in will defin help things

ok ya i just want to get somthing lil for now get somthing wen taxes come around plus the dealership cnt even tell and its easy

i rocked the drop in for a while and it kept tripping a cel. it was super oily.

when i put it in i didnt reset the ecu. shortly afterward the light came on.
so i reset the ecu (by unpluging the battery of course) and it came on again. so i returned it and went back to the stock filter and sprayed the maf with maf cleaner and no cel since. who knows what it was but if i did it again i'd let it sit for a while so it dries some. maybe that was my mistake.

just thought i'd add my experience.

The cheap stock paper filters are always more restrictive than a k&n drop in, but the filter isn't the real restriction point on the ms6's intake. The amount of air the air box will take in is what determines the gains an upgraded drop-in filter will give you, and the stock box has severe restrictions. Noticing gains with a drop-in filter on something like an evo is easier since their stock intake breathes much better than ours does. I'd say save the $50 you would spend on the k&n and put it towards a new intake since you'd only notice a 1-3 hp gain at best with a performance drop-in.

Back