intake manifold question

jumaaneface

:
2003 mazdaspeed protege black mica
Just finished up with install of 505zoom manifold. After tracking down a few vacuum leaks it's finally running. With my stock injectors it will randomly go super lean at cruise and my vacuum fluctuates. But with 440s it seems to be fine. Possible bad injector? Don't really want to run 440cc injectors at g this time. How would I check for a faulty injector?

are you running a factory computer?

If you can manage to get a specific misfire code (p0301-4), you can swap injectors around to see if it follows...if you get a specific misfire code that remains after moving injectors, its most likely an injector seal at that location...if you're just getting a random misfire code with no specific cylinder, its most likely a vacuum leak...if you're getting a lean code, its probably a deeper issue related to the increased air flow...in which case your 440's are easily addressing that...but it could be MAF related, too...but, as always, a combination of all of the above issues could cause any number of different related codes...a vacuum leak should quickly trigger a code, also...

are you reusing injector o-rings between the different injectors? I don't have any experience with that intake manifold, but just trying to help.

Back