Insurance on the MS6

If it helps I had an 06 Cobalt SS Supercharged that I replaced with my MS6 and my insurance went down 60 bucks every 6 months to 520.00. State farm, multicar, multiline discount applied.

insurance on the ms6 was higher than my 06 miata was.For some stupid reason the miata rates lower.They dont go by saftey ratings.Its not much more expensive:)

I pay 250 a month for insurence in the lovely state of nj. Im 24 with a clean record the last 5 years. But unless you live in NY or PA theres no way youll pay as much as anyone does in this state.

CreatureCore said:
I pay 250 a month for insurence in the lovely state of nj. Im 24 with a clean record the last 5 years. But unless you live in NY or PA theres no way youll pay as much as anyone does in this state.

$250 a month! Some people don't even have car payments that large!

Thats how much my insurance company wanted for my Protege 5. I told them to go to hell...its a protege....

Elicious said:

meinp5 said:
Thats how much my insurance company wanted for my Protege 5. I told them to go to hell...its a protege....

lol, bump. good for u dont take crap from insurance companies =)

no way...its highway robbery...everyone is required by law to have insurance...they pretty much charge whatever they want...it sucks for us, and great for them.

AznXstazy said:
lol, bump. good for u dont take crap from insurance companies =)

meinp5 said:
no way...its highway robbery...everyone is required by law to have insurance...they pretty much charge whatever they want...it sucks for us, and great for them.

yup 2nd that. pay for almost nothing if nothing happens...

Elicious said:
I wish my car payments were that low.

meinp5 said:

They can't charge whatever they want because there's competition. They charge too much and you'll just go to the competitor.

Elicious said:
They can't charge whatever they want because there's competition. They charge too much and you'll just go to the competitor.

yes but its like gas, everyone is going to charge about the same. If that means higher every year then that is what happens.

Yes, you are right, but justify 200-250 a month for a car this is worth 8k(Protege 5), if that. I just don't understand how they come up with the rates that they do. It seems like they make up a price thats high enough that people will pay..but not too high to drive away business. Similar to gas prices...

Elicious said:

Don't get me wrong. Insurance is the biggest scam there is. And I guess that it matters where you live. Last year I moved 10 miles north and my rate went down 30%.

Its just the man tryin to Hold Us down.

Yea...we have to find a way to stick it to the man...lol...

Speed6 Guy said:
Don't get me wrong. Insurance is the biggest scam there is. And I guess that it matters where you live. Last year I moved 10 miles north and my rate went down 30%.

Its just the man tryin to Hold Us down.

meinp5 said:

The state of New Hampshire does not require auto insurance.

If this helps. I have a '99 Toyota Tacoma that I traited in for my MS6. My insurance only went up $250.00 a year. There are a few reason why I was told. First my agent said he believed it was listed as a sedan and a sports car. The other thing is that a lot of the insurance companies have not researched all of the cars fully and only look at it as another model for the mazda 6. He said he would not be surprised if the rates were to rise int he next year or so once they get a beter clue about the car. Not sure how true it is, but it makes sense to me.
Go to progressive, drive or any of them and you can do a free insurnace quote. It takes 5 minutes. I did it and it was right on the money when I bought the car.

Elicious said:
Is that how they screen their employees? I think I got shafted. Mine sounded more like a middle-aged man in his 40s. Should I ask for a new one?
Ha, sorry, I might have gotten lucky? :D

bump, looked on esurance site and it quoted me for 260 a month... does that sound right? anyone paying this high? cause im really thinking about picking one up, but if the insurance is that high, then i dont think i will be able to afford the payment+ insurance.

Back