Installed new Headlights and fogs on FRI...

mazdamp3_18

:
06 gti, 06 evo IX
My friend and i installed my PIAA HID's and my PIAA Yellow Fogs on friday night. and i have to say that my car looks BAD ASS with them on.. the fogs are totally yellow and have a greenish blueish tint to them at a certain angle and the HID low beams look exactly like the acura HID's.... the lights really improve the lighting at night time and i can see alot farther at night.....
also about the cuple people that changed their lights like i did and said that its a pain in the ass to change the fogs and all that.... their wrong... i did the fogs and the headlights in 40 min... it took me a few min to figure out how to get the fogs totally out.... but i thought it was very easy and worth it....

chris

PS.... ill be posting pics as soon as i get my digital camera in the mail... and ill have my AEM intake probably on tuesday.... so ill post pics of that and my stock exhaust mod i did.....

chris, It looks like no one cares. So take those pictures and stuff um. And I think it was me that had the idea to take the holder for the clip out. And with out that, you would have been there all night. :D :D :D
Anyway, you better get that intake soon.

How many company's do you think make turbo's? I can think of Mitzu, IHI, Garret, Greddy. I'm sure there are more but those are prolly the bigger ones. Does HKS make them? I don't even have a clue how hard it would be to make one. I'm sure Gran Turismo (espesially 2 and 3) fans have heard of the Susuki Escudo. Amazingly fast rally car. The actual car has only been run at Pike's Peak, and guess who's turbo they use? IHI. It's HUGE, I saw it in either Turbo or SCC about 6 months ago. Have you have a personal bad experience with IHI, or are you just a Subaru hater like all the mustang guy's?

I am a big fan of mitsu turbos because of thier reliability. But if you want the best it's GARRETT BABY! I have heard many negative things about IHI and there upgradability in terms of changing internals ect.......but hey if yours works good more power to ya, like I said I have never had experience with IHI so my word on the matter holds no validity. As for the piaa fogs and HID's sweet man, how much did it cost???? I love yellow fogs and does it replace the wole unit or just the bulb????
Pics please.

Oh by the way Legacy gtr.......Subarus are da bomb! I actually am considering selling my turbo MP3 once I complete the exhaust, clutch and suspension setup and try to sell it to some rich dude so I can buy my favorite car.....A world rally blue WRX:eek: :D :cool:

Spoolin, why do all that and then sell the car... Just sell it now and tell me how much fun the WRX is.. Oh by the way my wife turned pure white with fright when I told her to push the gas pedal all the way to the floor when we test drve the Suby WRX... Man I tell ya that car has some major balls...Good luck with the chase Spoolin...:D

LOL
The reason why is because there are a lot of people from the carribean Islands(that are wealthy)that come down to the car shows here in miami and offer big bucks to locals that have nice rides. Thats how I sold my first turboed miata. They rather buy the complete package so I will finish my car. It has like 3000miles on it and I will try to sell it for 25,000. Hey If no one buys it I will be stuck with a turbo MP3:D

I will post pics as soon as i get my digital camera... it was supposed to be here 5 days ago.... the headlights cost me $90 and the fogs are $24 each bulb so basically i paid 140...
to install the fogs you have to unbolt the supporting bolt for the fog light and then pull it partially out and push the pin that holds the harness in place.. then take the foglight out and unscrew the two screws on the back of the foglight housing... then un plug the light and put the new one in and do everything in reverse... it was pretty easy once legasy and i figured it out....

cool i have the fogs and love them . i love the blueish , greenish light that comes from them. i plan to get the Piaa headlights soon as possible. where did you get them. and which are the H4's H7's sorry if this is a dumb question.

spoolin, I havent heard of anybody doing any hybrid's with IHI's, and there is prolly a reason for that. As for the turbo's themselvse they are prolly a little (more then usual) overpriced, but lots of subaru's have had great sucsess with them.
How much boost are you running in the mp3? I was talking with chris, (mazdamp3_18) and he told me about the 5psi kit with the 16G. A DSM friend of mine has a 16G in his talon. It takes a little bit to spool (granted he's running 17 not 5 lbs). Anyway, my question is, is the 16G too big for 5psi in your opinion? I know in my friends talon once it's spooled it really hauls, anyway, what do you think?

Where'd you get those HID Lights for the pro? I was looking to get an HID kit, but they don't make one for our car....

Are these just HID-"looking" bulbs? Cause the conversion kits are like $350, did you say you payed $90? If they're just bulbs, how do they look?

yeah they are HID "looking" bulbs... i cant tell a difference b/w the acura hids compared to the PIAA hid's.... mp301guy im not exactly sure what your asking but the fogs are H3's and the headlights are H4's... im pretty sure there arent any h7's in our cars..

Legacy,
I am running 8psi currently on my system and may be upgrading to 10 psi. I will be running 5psi on a daily basis and have driven the car at 5psi with great driveability. I get full boost by about 2800 rpm which is perfect for me! So in my opinion a 16g is not to big for our motors and flows really well giving one hell of kick in the pants.:p

I am 100% sure the low beams are NOT H7's b/c those are the lights i changed.... maybe the high beams are but the low beams are not h7's... maybe the P5 is different

Man, look what you did! Confused all these people about your HID simulation bulbs, makin em think they was true HID's! Thats horseshit!

Back