Installed Headlight LED DRLs

No pictures, only an Ebay link.

Thank you for checking.
I have already contacted administrator to check what's wrong. I can see them all in my post. Meanwhile I re-edited my post 134 with pasting photos again.
Please let me know if it worked for you.

Last edited:
Hi there,
I have CX-5 with technology package and DRLs are separate bulbs. I didn't really like those stock yellow bulbs. After my previous experience with LEDs, I decided to order CREE LEDs to my Mazda, https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned).
attachment.php

They are very bright and super easy to install.
In addition, in Switzerland since Jan. 2014, there is a law to use DRLs (or position lights) during daily driving.
Here is LED in left lamp and stock yellow one in right lamp (my mum in the car).
attachment.php

Here after changing both:
attachment.php

And in daily light:
attachment.php

I think it was a great idea to change them.

Still nothing

OK, that's wired.
When you replied with my quote I can see photos as in my post.
Now I added links to photos in my post. Let's see the result.

Hello!
I can see the images on my iPad but not on my desktop pc.
They look extremely bright, maybe too much?
I ordered them but im wondering if they gonna look like you are using your high beam?
Thanks.

Hello!
I can see the images on my iPad but not on my desktop pc.
They look extremely bright, maybe too much?
I ordered them but im wondering if they gonna look like you are using your high beam?
Thanks.

Thanks for confirmation of my post with photos. It seems to be a problem with internet browser (I use Mozilla v.26.0 and indeed with Microsoft Internet Explorer v.11.0.9600 I can't see any photos there, neither after clicking on link to photo). So on Safari (default browser on iPad) it runs, but I didn't test other browsers. Mazdas247 server was re-started recently and I hope it's not a forum issue.

They are bright (not yellow as stock ones), but not too strong to make a long beam. I tested it in underground garage.

I always thought that the difference between Tech Pack and Non-Tech Pack (resp. Xenon and Normal Halogeen Lights) was the washerunit that helps to make the headlamps cleaner. Now I see that in the USA it is not !!! Alle European CX-5 models with Xenon light must have a washerunit on the front, thats why I`m totaly confused and dazed about the stories above about the 68 SMD 13P/9005 LED lights !!(with or without harness) Now it`s a little bit clearer to me !!

Well, let`s see if I`m right............CX-5 with Tech Pack (Xenon-Lights) you can easily plug and play the 68 SMD P13W into the headlight (DRL) (without any wiring)

CX-5 without Tech Pack (Halogeen-Lights) it gives you more problems ? So you can`t plug and play them ??

Well, let`s see if I`m right............CX-5 with Tech Pack (Xenon-Lights) you can easily plug and play the 68 SMD P13W into the headlight (DRL) (without any wiring)

CX-5 without Tech Pack (Halogeen-Lights) it gives you more problems ? So you can`t plug and play them ??

yes, but i wouldn't recommend the 68smd style lights, seems like they aren't as good as some of the others

My CX-5 has a Tech-package (with Xenon-light and parkpilots on the frontside. So I bought the DRL LED`s (18 SMD) for changing with the yellow-tone halogen lamps. So far so good. I tried to turn the P13W counterclock-wise but no movement on it. My question is can I turn the lamp with a tool or only by hand ? It`s stuck in the unit and moved not at all !!!

Your problem is getting the incandescent bulb out of the socket? I had this problem with the driver side bulb. Use an open-ended wrench (try 15mm?), one that fits loosely around the connector. Apply slight pressure in the counter clockwise direction. The bulb should turn instantly. The new one should hand tighten just fine. People have reported issues with their new bulbs' plug connectors not locking properly, but that depends on where or who you ordered the set through.

does someone get the non-tech package and had the drl and high beam working with led replacement?
thank you

strom, thanks for your help with these lights, I just received and installed these I bought from ebay for $38 + free shipping https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned) .

They work great, they are nice and white, recommend for all Tech Package CX-5 owners. Just one question, I guess after shutting the car off there's a tiny bit of power going to the led's as they light up very slightly for about a minute, I mean so dim you have to get right next to the headlights to see them. This is normal I presume? anyways no big deal, I will take pics and post how they look tomorrow.

So a little update on these bulbs from idjmtoy or whatever that I hadpurchased on 11/2012, one went out in February and the other I noticed is out as of last week. So lasted around 2.5 years for me. Expected more life out of the LED to be honest. Looking to buy CREE replacements, any suggestions or recommendations?

Can someone measure the diameter of the stock fog light outer lenses assembly?
going to put some LED DRLs in that space on a SPORT model, just want to verify the size that's needed.
TIA

So just read through all the post. What I've come to understand is that LEDs don't work unless you have tech package??? I have 2016 without tech and want daytime running leds. Any suggestions?? And have anyone had problems with burning of wires or any such thing?

So just read through all the post. What I've come to understand is that LEDs don't work unless you have tech package???

pretty much, so your best option is finding so add on leds to put elsewhere like the foglight surround kit floating around online

Mazda CX-5 2013 Sport, non tech package here. Installed 9005 Morimoto Bulbs on the DRL/High-Beams. Practically, you lose the DRL function, the LEDs don't dim but they turn on full brightness. Works fine so far although I think it's annoying for the other drivers in traffic, especially after 5 pm.

Back