Infotainment System Bugs

Mazda released an update to the Maps. But their servers are damn slow. I have been waiting from 3 PM and I have a 25 Mbps internet connection. Damn Mazda, why can't they implement faster and alternate servers if they want people to download the maps themselves. Heck, if they can't or not want to do that, they should at least be able to provide incremental downloads or have a pause feature instead of CANCEL where you have to start from scratch should you not want to leave your PC on for days just to update the map.

Mine (v28) occasionally does something similar with CDs. I'll start the car, it will play the CD for a second or two, then switch to FM. Perhaps this problem has been around for a little while.

I can't speak to the SXM thing, I let that go after the trial period. Between FM/HD radio, CDs, and a 32GB flash drive containing mp3s of every album I have, SXM just isn't worth it to me.

Why are you still running V28?

I like Sirius for the variety and not having to worry about deadspots when on a road trip. Sadly, we can't get it because we didn't opt for the very expensive Tech package.

Why are you still running V28?

Aside from it endlessly forgetting where it left off playing on the flash drive, its reasonably stable for my needs.

Also, my dealer is in denial that newer versions exist, and I've been too busy to try elsewhere...

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I just got a HTC One M8, and transferred my data across from an iPhone.

I have a 2014 Mazda 6...
Now I can't go to my phone menu without it constantly asking me if i want to download a message. Is there a way to stop this?

Maybe try to enable automatic message download.
Mine is in japanese so Im not sure. I selected an option once and the messages now don't pop up on the screen anymore, they just get downloaded automatically. And I have to open the communications menu.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great....another beta update coming our way in January. I am so looking forward to it. (yupnope)

btw, has anyone noticed the wifi feature within the infotainment has now been removed? not that it did anything anyways.

Great....another beta update coming our way in January. I am so looking forward to it. (yupnope)

btw, has anyone noticed the wifi feature within the infotainment has now been removed? not that it did anything anyways.
I figured when I bought the car, I figured i'd be something of a Mazda beta-tester, since I bought a first-year model. I've found that v33 fixes *most* of the bugs that drive me nuts, aside from the USB freeze/reboot problem.

As for the WiFi - it is gone...but you can bring it back. Mazda can't remove hardware with a software update. For the lengthy explanation check out this thread: http://mazda3revolution.com/forums/...o-electronics/57714-infotainment-project.html

If you want the short version and overview of the highlights, go here: mazda3hacks.com

I've successfully updated to v33 and disabled the touchscreen speed restriction so my passenger can enter navigation info while I'm driving. Personally, I'm happy to see WiFi off, one less way for those with malicious intent to get into the car, especially since the login info is now out there...

My latest deal with Sirius is $5/month. Heck, a burger can cost that much. (2thumbs)

I've successfully updated to v33 and disabled the touchscreen speed restriction so my passenger can enter navigation info while I'm driving.
OMG, that's amazing. Do you have the instructions or link on how to disable the speed restriction?

My latest deal with Sirius is $5/month. Heck, a burger can cost that much. (2thumbs)
We had to get the top of the line GT to get the Sirius package. I was pissed because it was too much (leather, tech package, etc) just for the Sirius. We already have Bose. Stupid Mazda Canada marketing.

I think now you can get the add-on but it's costly and of course, the satellite antenna isn't integrated into the Mazda antenna or in our case, we don't have the sharkfin antenna. Our antenna is the rear window. From experience, the external aftermarket Sirius antenna cable wears out rather quickly.

Last edited:
OMG, that's amazing. Do you have the instructions or link on how to disable the speed restriction?
First off, it almost goes without saying:
Warning: Attempt this modification at your own risk. This is for educational and research purposes only, and you must at all times follow the laws of your local jurisdiction. I am not responsible for any action you may take with this information or any event that may occur as a result of such action.

Disable speed restriction:
http://mazda3hacks.com/doku.php?id=hacks:disablespeedrestriction

Notes on SSH (also linked on the page above):
http://mazda3hacks.com/doku.php?id=notes:sshnotes

Since I'm now running v33 and WiFi is disabled, I had to invest in a cheap USB to Ethernet adapter to SSH into the car.

First off, it almost goes without saying:
Warning: Attempt this modification at your own risk. This is for educational and research purposes only, and you must at all times follow the laws of your local jurisdiction. I am not responsible for any action you may take with this information or any event that may occur as a result of such action.

Disable speed restriction:
http://mazda3hacks.com/doku.php?id=hacks:disablespeedrestriction

Notes on SSH (also linked on the page above):
http://mazda3hacks.com/doku.php?id=notes:sshnotes

Since I'm now running v33 and WiFi is disabled, I had to invest in a cheap USB to Ethernet adapter to SSH into the car.

Thank you so much for the links.
And why would you be responsible? Oh, you're in the USA, the civil litigation capital of the world. lol. Thanks for the disclaimer though. :)

And why would you be responsible? Oh, you're in the USA, the civil litigation capital of the world.

Sadly, you're right. I, personally wish that Mazda would have only disabled the touchscreen when there is no passenger in the passenger's seat, with the help of the Air Bag occupancy sensor in the seat.

I find that I still use the commander knob when driving, but find that I prefer touching the screen when sitting in the passenger's seat.

I have a 6 month old Australian CX5 with TomTom NB1 system and following 1 successful map and software update 4 months ago on a Win 8.1 computer, I have not been able to do one since. Mazda are providing a new SD card, but TomTom tell me that the map updates cannot be done using Windows 8.1 ie Windows 8 or older are needed. This sounds incredible to me and I've not seen any reference to this in the forums.
Can anybody shed some light?

No idea about your specific TomTom upgrade, but try right clicking the program icon, select properties, then the compatibility tab and "run this program in compatibility mode for Windows 8".

TomTomHome Not compatible with Win 8.1!!!

No idea about your specific TomTom upgrade, but try right clicking the program icon, select properties, then the compatibility tab and "run this program in compatibility mode for Windows 8".

I tried this suggestion, but I still got the XULRunner fault flag as in Win 8.1. Do I need to Uninstall TomTom home and then rerun in win 8 thru the compatibility tab? Surely, TomTom tech assistance should have advised me of compatibility tab when I said I was not prepared to install an old version of windows on my computer solely for TomTom.

Today, I hooked up audio BT to the infotainment. 2/3rds of the time the audio was garbled after connecting/pairing with my iPhone.

I just upgraded my phone.
So for those of you who are wondering. The iphone 6 plus works fine with the current infotainment system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just upgraded my phone.
So for those of you who are wondering. The iphone 6 plus works fine with the current infotainment system.
That's a pretty bold and presumptuous statement on your part. What does "fine" mean?
If you wrote that you have no issues [yet] with your iphone where you are located (in Japan), you comment would sound credible. Remember, you're posting on a US website where the vast majority are dealing with Mazda North America (not Japan) where many things including the infotainment software is different here. (eek2)

Back