Info on tranny fluid?

MSpeedFreak03

:
2003 MSP
well im comming from the nissan community and we always hent with heavy duty shock proof 90-200w redline tranny/gear oil in our tansmissions!

Q: can the stock tranny syncros handle that type of gear oil/fluid

Q: is it to thick it can create miss shifts from gears not alligning properly

Q: if this is to thick what brand and thickness oil do people run on here for high performance

Q: how will the stock LSD handle the thicker tranny fluid

Q: has anyone run this type tranny fluid for long periods in there transmission

Q: whats the pro and cons of doing this on the stock tranny for the MSP

Q: things to look out for if the tranny fluid is to thick

i have never had problems running this gear oil in my nissans but this isnt a nissan and i dont want to fry the tranny i just spent a FU*K load on the engine rebuild!

Just use what's recommended in the manual. There is no point in using any type of fluid (engine oil, trans oil, brake fluid, etc.) that's out of factory recommendation and specs.

I own an auto P5 so I use different fluid, but I believe 75W90 MT-90 is what the manual Proteges use. Get some quality oil like Redline, and that's about all that you should change.

75W90 MT-90 is your best bet. I actually noticed a pretty decent improvement in shift feel when I drained the dealer fluid and replaced it will MT-90.

yeah... almost any of the mods you plan to do to the transmition are based off of stock specs, whether it be the new LSD or the GTX gears for example... I agree with KrayzieFox... keeping with the stock specs is good...

I havent really thought about it, no need to... I may when I build the tranny, but dont nee it on a stock tranny...

so i take it noone has ventured into using thicker tranny fluids 75-90... interesting?
Why deviate from what the manual says? I'm pretty sure Mazda knows their s*** considering they did design these cars. There's no reason so second-guess their reasoning.

well the only reason im thinking of going thicker is to protecet everything better for track days and higher boost applications, i deffinitly dont want to completely blow a tranny... the manufactures is also for stock engines and stock output, im going to be far from that when my engine build is done!

well the only reason im thinking of going thicker is to protecet everything better for track days and higher boost applications, i deffinitly dont want to completely blow a tranny... the manufactures is also for stock engines and stock output, im going to be far from that when my engine build is done!
Thicker is not necessarily better! Too thin and obviously the lubrication properties are not there but too thick adds a lot of resistance. You can just as easily break something from too thick of lubrication as you can from too thin. Again, point simply being, our transmissions were meant to take 75W90 so there is no reason to run anything otherwise. Unless of course you have a completely modified transmission, but I assume this is not the case...

Again, point simply being, our transmissions were meant to take 75W90 so there is no reason to run anything otherwise. Unless of course you have a completely modified transmission, but I assume this is not the case...

the only reason I would ever think of runnning a thiker trans fluid, is when I drop the GTX gears and the quiafe LSD, but then I would find out the stock suggested specs for it, theres really no reason to unless as magnum said to support a seriously moed tranny.

Back