Inconsistent/ Bogging Boost?

mnmsp

:
2003 Black Mica MSP
in my 03 msp, if your in second or third gear and you gas hard on it, it will pull up to full boost (8psi) but right after it reaches full boost, it feels like it just quits pulling, yet its still at full boost, and after that bogging, i hit 5k rpm and it pulls like no other, what the hell? haha

i also have a question about mounting an hks ssqv to my hardpiping that already has a 1st gen eclipse bov on it,

Yeah, the fuel cut usually happens around 4k rpms. If you can somehow manage to get past that point, it does fine.. but it's just when it reaches that point. One thought is the SplitSecond AFC, that would allow you to have a tune on your car and is one way to eliminate the fuel cut.

My ECU is flashed, never knew it until I found the previous owner's info on here. Mine still had the hesitation, even flashed, you may just need to get a tune on your car since you're boosting more than stock. Fuel cut is your car's way of trying to save itself from detonation.

i heard that is irreversable, will it cause any reliability issues?

My ECU is flashed, never knew it until I found the previous owner's info on here. Mine still had the hesitation, even flashed, you may just need to get a tune on your car since you're boosting more than stock. Fuel cut is your car's way of trying to save itself from detonation.

but i am not fuel cutting, its almost like it is running it so rich that it just bogs, because if i let off of the gas a bit, it starts to pull, 8psi isnt much over stock though, correct?

Check for leaks, clean your MAF, and you may just be getting too much fuel then. Just don't stomp on the gas.. give it just enough to boost but stay off it enough to keep it from bogging. Otherwise, an AFC would help you out and adjust the amount of fuel, therefore helping with the bogging.

Last edited:
Back