I'm selling my P5, should I sell the extras with it or not?

:
2016 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD w/Tech & i-Activesense
So as our family goes from three to four we bought a new 2016 CX-5 to replace my '03 protege5. I honestly still love the car for what it is but its just getting a bit small for 4 plus dog. Anyhow, I have a custom 8" sub box that I glassed into the right rear panel with an 8" kicker sub and a small crunch amp powering it. The new CX-5 has the Bose system but it lacks a bit in the low end since there is no sub. Should I sell the car with the audio installed or take it out? I also have the racing beat cat back exhaust installed. I still have the factory exhaust. Should I remove the racing beat or no? And do you guys think it's better to sell the winter tires with the car or seperately? I'm in Wisconsin and the other set is summer only tires.

Any one install an aftermarket amp and sub to a Bose system before?

Just sold our 03 and the father of the teen that was buying it was specifically looking for ones with no sign of modifications as that indicated to him that it was run hard. And just generally speaking always best to return to stock and then sell your parts.

So as our family goes from three to four we bought a new 2016 CX-5 to replace my '03 protege5. I honestly still love the car for what it is but its just getting a bit small for 4 plus dog. Anyhow, I have a custom 8" sub box that I glassed into the right rear panel with an 8" kicker sub and a small crunch amp powering it. The new CX-5 has the Bose system but it lacks a bit in the low end since there is no sub. Should I sell the car with the audio installed or take it out? I also have the racing beat cat back exhaust installed. I still have the factory exhaust. Should I remove the racing beat or no? And do you guys think it's better to sell the winter tires with the car or seperately? I'm in Wisconsin and the other set is summer only tires.

Any one install an aftermarket amp and sub to a Bose system before?

It's your call on whether or not you should sell the equipment with the car. It's pretty low end equipment that isn't worth a whole lot, and I really don't know what the fiberglass box might be worth, if it's easily removable. It's kind of a hard sell, older buyers don't want a subwoofer at all, and younger guys will probably be looking for something bigger and louder.

Adding a sub to the factory Bose would be pretty easy with a JL Cleansweep or Rockford Fosgate 3Sixty interface.. Although if adding just a sub, you could likely tap into the factory sub's wires, and use a common line out converter to supply a signal to your aftermarket amp.

Mr. giggles seems to be beating me to the punch lately on commenting on these audio posts! Pretty much everything he said is what I would say.

Just sold our 03 and the father of the teen that was buying it was specifically looking for ones with no sign of modifications as that indicated to him that it was run hard. And just generally speaking always best to return to stock and then sell your parts.

I'm really on the fence on this. I didn't buy the Racing beat exhaust for performance, more for the sound and the looks. Lets be honest, there's not much performance to be gained with these cars. Since Mazda used racing beat exhaust on the Mazdaspeed sedan it's almost quasi stock so to speak. What do you guys think a fair asking price for the exhaust would be if I did pull it and try to sell it? It's in good shape, has only seen three Wisconsin winters (the rest of time I lived in Oregon) and has about 50,000mi on it. I get the whole "performance parts = hard driving" but that's not the case with me. I bought the car when I was 26 or so. So I was pretty much past the young dumb and stupid phase with cars and driving at that point. I just wanted something that was fun to drive, handled well and had a manual transmission. I think the biggest thing I need to do is remove the Cold air intake. I only put that on because the stock accordion tube had some small cracks and it was cheaper then buying a stock part to replace.

It's your call on whether or not you should sell the equipment with the car. It's pretty low end equipment that isn't worth a whole lot, and I really don't know what the fiberglass box might be worth, if it's easily removable. It's kind of a hard sell, older buyers don't want a subwoofer at all, and younger guys will probably be looking for something bigger and louder.

Adding a sub to the factory Bose would be pretty easy with a JL Cleansweep or Rockford Fosgate 3Sixty interface.. Although if adding just a sub, you could likely tap into the factory sub's wires, and use a common line out converter to supply a signal to your aftermarket amp.
I know none of my audio stuff is very high end, that's why I'm on the fence about it. I could keep it and install it in the CX-5 or I could sell it and get better (newer) stuff down the road and do it all over again. The CX-5 doesn't have a factory sub to tap into or replace and I guess there is a bit of a problem with the Bose signal processing that can mess with a sub and amp install and make the highs way to harsh. I looked at those signal processors and they are quite expensive and confusing to me. Someone suggested taping into the wires BEFORE the Bose amp and using that to get the signal to the amp. I wish there were RCA plugs on the back of the head unit, makes it so much easyier.

I'd say find a buyer, then see what they want. If you're making a for sale ad, don't post any specifics, as that might turn off some buyers. When an interested party contacts you, let them tell you what they're looking for in a car and make your decision to stay the same or go back to stock based on that.

I'm really on the fence on this. I didn't buy the Racing beat exhaust for performance, more for the sound and the looks. Lets be honest, there's not much performance to be gained with these cars. Since Mazda used racing beat exhaust on the Mazdaspeed sedan it's almost quasi stock so to speak. What do you guys think a fair asking price for the exhaust would be if I did pull it and try to sell it? It's in good shape, has only seen three Wisconsin winters (the rest of time I lived in Oregon) and has about 50,000mi on it. I get the whole "performance parts = hard driving" but that's not the case with me. I bought the car when I was 26 or so. So I was pretty much past the young dumb and stupid phase with cars and driving at that point. I just wanted something that was fun to drive, handled well and had a manual transmission. I think the biggest thing I need to do is remove the Cold air intake. I only put that on because the stock accordion tube had some small cracks and it was cheaper then buying a stock part to replace.

I know none of my audio stuff is very high end, that's why I'm on the fence about it. I could keep it and install it in the CX-5 or I could sell it and get better (newer) stuff down the road and do it all over again. The CX-5 doesn't have a factory sub to tap into or replace and I guess there is a bit of a problem with the Bose signal processing that can mess with a sub and amp install and make the highs way to harsh. I looked at those signal processors and they are quite expensive and confusing to me. Someone suggested taping into the wires BEFORE the Bose amp and using that to get the signal to the amp. I wish there were RCA plugs on the back of the head unit, makes it so much easyier.

You could tap into the rear speakers then. The Bose system shouldn't know the difference. You'll have to fade from front to rear to control the sub level though.

Back