I'm an idiot.

koston33

So I got my forge bpv, and installed it today. However, the bottom screw was giving me some trouble due to alignment issues. Anyways I started to thread it and it seemed like it was creating a whole new thread pattern as I was screwing it in, so I pulled it out and tried again. But no luck the tracks were laid and it kept falling back into that slot. So I thought to just try and go with it, which was my idiotic move. So as I was tightening it, the head broke off. So now I have half a screw stuck in. The other is good to go, and all. I took it out to see if there were any problems and everything looks okay. The broken screw is sticking out enough that it keep the bpv from moving around, and there is no gap where the bpv meets. Do you think it will be okay to drive on it as is. I took it to a shop right after to talk to them. And they want to charge me 75 to get the screw out and rethread. Idk what to do. Any ideas?

If there is enough of the head sticking out use a grinder, saw or file to notch it (like a screw head) and remove it with a screw driver. Tap the hole when done or try a heli-coil, depending on bolt size.

useScrewextract.jpg

it looks like something like this, sorry I don't own a camera.

Try a small flat file from Home Depot or someplace like that, even a hack saw with some patience will work. A Dremel or die grinder with a cutting wheel will do the same but a lot quicker or you can try and find an extractor like the picture above.

Good luck in whatever you do.

For $75 you can get your own tap and die set. Just get a tool that measures thread count first and then get the right set

You may even be able to use some lockjaw pliers to remove the screw before trying to drill and extract

been there. done that. a extractor is not going to work. I drilled it out the best i could and used a nut to hold a new. slightly longer bolt in place.

Good Luck.

Back