IL: No Front Plate Law?

What is the tint law in IL right now? I've got 5% on all rears and 20% on fronts with 5% strip along the top of my windshield.

What is the tint law in IL right now? I've got 5% on all rears and 20% on fronts with 5% strip along the top of my windshield.

Up to 35% in the Rear/up to 35% front
- 35-30% in the rear/up to 50% front
- IF YOU HAVE BELOW 30% TINT IN THE REAR, YOU CAN NOT HAVE FRONT TINT
- If you have an MPV, which include but are not limited to, SUVs, Station Wagons, minivans, Toasters, etc., and said MPV has factory installed privacy glass (smoked), you are allowed to have up to 50% tint in front

Don't worry about the tint. They don't check. How long do you have until your current plates expire?

hope this passes. tired of cleaning my car with that ugly plastic plate bracket on..
not to say it looks way cleaner without front plate

Do we have an "OEM style only" exhaust law? That's kind of a stupid law.

one of my teachers said your exhaust cant differ from the design of the oem w/o being illegal and must have the same type of muffler as the manufacturer origionaly put on and same size piping

one of my teachers said your exhaust cant differ from the design of the oem w/o being illegal and must have the same type of muffler as the manufacturer origionaly put on and same size piping

Truth in some areas. I got pulled over by UTI for loud exhaust. My ass loud exhaust, harley davidson anyone? however it does have to be oem exhaust in some areas.

I've never had a front license plate on any of my cars in 15 years of driving. Only got 2 tickets for not having one. And I only had to pay one of them, City of Chicago..

Seems like a law they really don't enforce much anyways.

did this pass yet. I just got into it with a POS revenue ticket writter, about having my front plate bent. He called the police cause I was giving him a hard time and they happened to be my friends and told him to **** off. He was soo pissed!!! LOL

Truth in some areas. I got pulled over by UTI for loud exhaust. My ass loud exhaust, harley davidson anyone? however it does have to be oem exhaust in some areas.
its a state law. not municipal. It depends on how big of a dick the cop wants to be.

was pulled over yesterday cause he heard me a block away. let me go and told me to have it fixed, thought it wise not to tell him I paid for it to sound like that

Back