IL: No Front Plate Law?

Well, IL raised the cost of plates. If they only have to make 1 plate, they are saving 50%. . .so it's good our state if broke. LOL

This push is being made by the same sponsors of the front tint law- they're a pretty organized group of people. Really nice to see some support for the car people.

I just pooped my self a little. This is ONE LESS reason for police to pull me over. Now they can just follow me endlessly waiting till they "find" something.

think we can get the "only OEM style" exhaust law next?
"Loud pipes save lives", my car is quieter then just about ANY Harley on the road.

This is would happen right after I bought my tow plate lol. O well! Awesome news! Ill prolly still rock the front license plates just because of the tow plate that I got. Im already rocking the 35% tint on the front windows haha.

Amends the Illinois Vehicle Code. Provides that, beginning with the next registration year after the effective date of this amendatory Act in which the Secretary of State distributes newly designed standard registration plates for motor vehicles, the Secretary of State shall issue one registration plate (instead of 2) for newly registered motor vehicles and the registration plate shall be attached to the rear (instead of front and rear) of the motor vehicle

Unless they get to change the verbiage, this does little to suggest any change for existing registrations.

I believe they're saying they're going to make new license plates.. and once you have that plate, you're only required to have them in the rear.

this will never pass - santos won't allow it to.

he knows that if it DOES pass, he will have nothing to give me s*** about :D

Back