If you got the clunk, I need to know before Wednesday!

i get my work done at Signature Mazda but i got my car at Summit Madza...... i've already sent me email to you but didnt put down dealer.

keem em com'in!

I need lots. Im afraid 10 or so won't have enough of the impact I'm looking for.

To those that have emailed so far, a BIG THANK YOU to all.

I got word today, that they are now flying down 2 guys to talk to me on wednesday. Their ganging up on me!

I just hope I'm not wasting my time again, and end up getting fed some lame ass BS again. I figure, what ever happens on Wednesday will decide if my next car will be a Mazda or not.

Thanks again

Last edited:
Do a search on this, I posted something similar a year ago and had alot of replies, You may find some memebers names that havent spoken up on this one yet and can print out the tread which was like 5 pages long

I get the clunk too!!! I'm in Modesto, CA. I think my dealer has replaced them once before. I just deal with it cuz' they just hassle you and there greasing and replacing doesnt fix anything

PhyschoMP3 said:
I get the clunk too!!! I'm in Modesto, CA. I think my dealer has replaced them once before. I just deal with it cuz' they just hassle you and there greasing and replacing doesnt fix anything

Same Here

i e-mailed you all my info, not sure if i included my dealer name tho

Chris DeCarli
Modern Mazda of Thomaston CT

Newf -
Have you taken some bits-and-pieces from the various threads and printed them out?
I'll back you up any way I can, even though I don't have a MP3/MSP. Hell, they can call me at work if they want too!

It's funny cause I only have 200 miles on mine so far and have already heard it. I believe it has something to do with the cold weather and the Tokicos... I have the Tokicos in my Cobra and have the same noise when the car is cold. It goes away after driving a bit but can be annoying. I would bet that is where the problem is.

Pete

The clunk is a bushing that wears out not a strut. It is actualy a safety concern since a peice of the suspension has essential failed and weakens the rest of the components.

Lets recap

MP3's have 3 noises

1. Struts when cold - Squeaky REALLY loud.
2. Bushings when cold - scrunchy sounds
3. Bushings when they fail - Clunk

First 2 go away once it warms up.

Easy to get the confused, especially since were talking over the internet.

Back