Idaho Mazda's

3 months? Wow!! I finally got my AP yesterday, and got it installed. Makes a very big difference! Especially up high and 1st and 2nd gears. Instead of the fall of boost I hold 17.5 and it falls to 15 near redline! Plus all the things you can monitor are a great help. I'm still playing with it but I'll let you guys know anything I can.

Me and my friend went for a quick run through the gears to see what boost I was hitting, and before we knew it I was goin 135, it was awesome! Cobb AP FTW!! Next up is full turboback!

Finally got around to getting some pics up on here! Hope you guys enjoy!

Attachments

• CIMG0020.JPG
    CIMG0020.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 1,295
  • CIMG0038.JPG
    CIMG0038.JPG
    743.3 KB · Views: 1,298
  • CIMG0021.JPG
    CIMG0021.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,296
  • CIMG0023.JPG
    CIMG0023.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 1,292
Well darkthunder's pics finally got me motivated to get the rest of my summer car modding list done, and just in time for the Hot August Nights car show down in Lewiston, ID. I was sorta dragging my feet...I was thiiiiiis close to buying a new Camaro SS, but then decided I'm not finished with this car yet. So here's some recent pics with the newest mods...6000k high beams, new wheels and tires, Rho-plate license plate holder, finally painted rotors and rear brake calipers, and detailed the engine bay a little bit. Hope you guys enjoy and are having a good summer!

car2.jpg

car3.jpg

car1.jpg

Wow!! I gotta say I love your speed Andy!! I plan on getting one after I get my car paid off. I want 2 blacked out speeds in my driveway. Your car is looking great though! Keep up with the good work! Good choice on not getting the camaro. They are ok for the price I think but I'd say the money is much better elsewhere. The one I test drove, not so nice. Lol.

Well I do have some more good news. I have a corksport downpipe on the way from ken! Full DP that is. So I'll let you know what a difference it makes. I'm sure it will be huge!! It should be here Monday. So I'll take a bunch of pics of the install and keep you guys updated. Also got step colder plugs, and my GF is getting me the ssqv for my b-day in a couple weeks.

Stay in touch guys! We are still the only ones reppin Idaho here!!

Yeah these new Camaros are hit or miss as far as I'm concerned...I think a lot of people are just buying them up for the nostalgia, obviously. And I fall into that category, Camaro was my first automotive love! I don't love the new look, but like my dad says, "there's no substitute for cubic inches." But I think the second part of that saying should be "...except a bigger turbo!"(lol2)

Let me know how the DP install goes! What made you decide to go with the Corksport instead of, say, the CPE? Are the Speed3's prone to the same CEL issues with a non-catted downpipe?? The DP is next on my list but I've been going back and forth about catted (I'd get the CPE one) or one without the cat (Corksport)...plus I'm waiting on that smoking turbo issue to get resolved, which looks like Mazda and PTP have solutions coming!

I just know I'm gonna pull the trigger and get one as soon as you report back...I hear it's one of the few mods that make a BIG, noticeable difference right off the bat! I'm excited to hear how your install goes.

By the way, a Speed3 AND a Speed6 in the driveway would be so ridiculous!!! I wouldn't mind starting my own little fleet myself! AWD and FWD...Hatch and Sedan...and then have a daily driver and a beast! Great idea!

Well I went with the corksport due to the fact that ken gave me such a great deal on it as well as the import tuner dyno with it. With just the DP and not the test pipe, untuned they gained a peak of 7 but about 15 throughout. I'll be running a stage 2 map, so I should see some serious gains. Considering I'll be catless.

But yes, a couple of speeds in the same driveway will be sexxy as hell! My gf wants a speed 6, so it may happen soon!

So Whats Everyone up to??

I haven't checked in for awhile....

hmmm New stuff since then for my car

Prokit, TWM short shifter, Sunlight Customs shift know (I won it haha), Painted my headlights and added in some Halos.....

Kevin

Well darkthunder's pics finally got me motivated to get the rest of my summer car modding list done, and just in time for the Hot August Nights car show down in Lewiston, ID. I was sorta dragging my feet...I was thiiiiiis close to buying a new Camaro SS, but then decided I'm not finished with this car yet. So here's some recent pics with the newest mods...6000k high beams, new wheels and tires, Rho-plate license plate holder, finally painted rotors and rear brake calipers, and detailed the engine bay a little bit. Hope you guys enjoy and are having a good summer!

car2.jpg

car3.jpg

car1.jpg

That is sick!!! The front-end looks scary! HAHA

Well I don't own a Mazda any more but they still have a special place in my heart! lol Anyhoo. I live in North Idaho in Coeur d'Alene. It's about 1/2 hour east of Spokane Washington. I used to own an 03' Mazda Protege' 5. If you look through some of the threads I have made you will find a few build threads for that car. I am now a Suby guy. I now own a 99' Subaru Impreza L wagon. I also have a build thread for this car in the non mazda section if you would like to check it out(link below):

Z2.jpg

Z3.jpg

LINK TO MY BUILD THREAD FOR MY SUBEY: http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123729927

So anyhoo would like to still come out to a meet sometime of it's somewhere close. Would love to even set up a Subaru/Mazda meet. Would be fun to get two different interest's in one place. I think that would be fun. Well hope to meet some of you sometime.

Last edited:
I live in southeastern ID, but in down and overdue for a road trip some time. Middle of summer some time? I work two jobs so I will need an advanced notice, but I would love to meet and hang out with some fellow Mazda enthusiasts. I will put an updated post soon with new pics.

I have just bought my first Mazda and had it shipped to idaho. (i didnt think there were enough MSP's here lol)

Name: Jeremy

Car: 2003.5 Mazdaspeed Protege

haha, holy s*** finally another Idahoan, I'm up here in Lewiston, but am from Mountain home. lol and there really aren't enough MSP's here, I've actually never seen one, there's an MP3 here in lewiston that I saw for the first time about a month ago, that's about as good as it gets here.

Wow, I almost forgot about this thread! I lived in Lewiston while I was in college, and still come down there fairly often (have since moved just north to Pullman) and my Speed6 was the only one around, and it has been along time since I've seen any MSPs...there are very few of us in north/north central Idaho and southeastern WA.

Wow, I almost forgot about this thread! I lived in Lewiston while I was in college, and still come down there fairly often (have since moved just north to Pullman) and my Speed6 was the only one around, and it has been along time since I've seen any MSPs...there are very few of us in north/north central Idaho and southeastern WA.

yeah I'm here for college better yet was here for college, I actually just graduated this past week, but plan on staying here since I just started a very good job and plus I love this town, suites me pretty well other than there aren't many ski resorts to close by. yeah there aren't many speeds of any kind, I think I've only seen 2-3 speed3's as well but hopefully if all goes to plan at the end of the summer I'll be able to add myself to the speed3 list. nice to see I'm not the only member in the valley.

Back