Ice's N/A Build

Went on a mountain run today few pics of my car:
42334449615523936811978.jpg

19700049615003923813129.jpg

Also installed a JL Audio 4 Channel Amp last weekend with the help of a friend, still have to get photos off the phone. Also thought I'd ordered the last of my parts but just remembered tonight that Ive still yet to get gearbox oil, clutch, oil filter relocation kit + oil filter and oil pressure gauge so that I can adjust the External Pressure Valve :/ Kinda a bit to forget.

Another pic of my car after going to see the mechanic who'll be working on my engine:
561484_10151341068007886_1861623361_n.jpg

Have time off work today so will post up my most recent purchases and do a catch up of stuff ive done to the car.

So a friend helped me install an amplifier to go with my new speakers and head deck (which is looking rather worse for wear after only about 7 months use, lots of use but still :(, I treat my stuff really well too :().

Friend hard at work while i take happy snaps:

Amp in Question, cant believe how small they've gotten, compared to the amps of yester year.

Headunit up on the dashboard so that the plugs can be rewired:

Actually really happy with the amp its made a massive difference to the sound quality, lots better mids and lows. Has a better sound stage as well now IMO. Only fault that I can really give it is that the highs are more pronounced at and at higher volumes can be a little sharp compared to the rest of the sound. But then I do have rather sensitive ears (cant stand night clubs or concerts most of the time due to this).

Last edited:
So went over to a friend of Mats place and welded up a new exhaust the other weekend. New exhaust is 2.5" from header to muffler. Currently the muffler is the major restriction being 2" but its straight through so free flowing.

img0862yn.jpg

img0860c.jpg

Notice my rear parking sensor? + pic of new zaust + old muffler:
img0859lk.jpg

Exhaust actually looks like it hits the frame and on an angle but its straight:
img0829dk.jpg

Old Pipe Diameter vs New Pipe on right:
img0828if.jpg

Difference in bends:

Mat n Friend hard at work:

good work on the custom exhaust! and I love the classical gold/blue scheme on your car, keep it up!

Out of curiosity, mostly because I've been looking around, and if you don't mind me asking where did you get a k&n cai typhoon for only $100?!

It was bought along ago by a guy on some Aussie forums, who sold it to a guy whom sold it to another guy who sold it to me :p ever since the second guy they've bought and sold for $100. *shrug*

Edit: Actaully got it from madmat (the one that posted above) who got it from ausorion :p

Last edited:
Eh its the one part that's was cheap, otherwise its 400 dollars to ship one from the states. Trust me you guys have it good ;)

Hey Buddy.

I did yeah. Thanks :D

Will be giving them out to the lads this weekend as there driving up :)

Another pic:
imagevek.jpg

Last edited:
Yah there pretty flipping sweet!

Pretty light too!

Sold my FS-ZE Engine to fund a bigger and better build ;)

Also finally fitted my Air Diversion Panel, DG Carbon Fibre Grille and Tokicos to the rear.

The following is an ever expanding list of New gear I've bought:
3SGTE Rods - Modified to suit FS-DE
Custom 11:1 Weisco's
Mazdaspeed Familia Calipers (Same as MSP)
Hawk HPS Pads - Anygood?
Black Mazda Wheel nuts. Not made anymore afaik? So quite excited to install them, should offset the gold quite nicely.
Carbing Rear Strut Brace
Old and Abused Engine block for Rebuild.
Samco Radiator Hoses - Blue
CR3 Motorsport Radiator Brackets

While the rod lengths etc are fairly similiar to the K1 Long Rods, the benefits of this setup is a larger wrist pin and slightly longer rods.

EDIT: I should add that while some of the above will be installed etc soon alot of its going to be put on hold till my finances are in order pending contract at work :)

Last edited:
Pulled apart the FS-ZE manifold on the weekend to fix it. Unfortunatley still need to replace the EGR with a non ****** version, the IAC with a unbroken version and and a black think thats connected to the fuel line.

img6287x.jpg

img6288e.jpg

Engines roughly 40k old, valves looking pretty toasty:
img6291o.jpg

****** IAC:
img6293ag.jpg

img6294r.jpg

And all back together, just need to repalce the aforementioned items:
img6295li.jpg

Will be getting a camera with next pay so expect more photos of stuff as it happens :)

Last edited:
Back