Ice's N/A Build

Yeah I'm looking to have a cool ride. I really want to go KL but I need my A\C. I figured I keep the FS in there and do what I can to improve it to the point to it makes happy horsepower. I really want to be in the 170's if possible but I know that aint going to happen with this car.

grats on the n/a build, i see how easy it is to import an engine in australia (since youre to close to japan)
fsze > fsdet

Yeah I'm looking to have a cool ride. I really want to go KL but I need my A\C. I figured I keep the FS in there and do what I can to improve it to the point to it makes happy horsepower. I really want to be in the 170's if possible but I know that aint going to happen with this car.

It's certainly doable, a few people on this forum now have fs-ze engines. There a great upgrade :)

See if you can't get in on the pace maker group buy as there a good bit of gear and will serve you well :) other then that just pick some good quality parts to offset the car light weight fly wheel (even have the stock machined down), engine mounts, get some cams reground (pretty cheap to do) and you'll have a really nice little ride :)

grats on the n/a build, i see how easy it is to import an engine in australia (since youre to close to japan)
fsze > fsdet

Yeah the secret tbh was having 2 other people import the engines at the same time. Funnily enough not from Japan but new Zealand :)

Last edited:
looking foward to your build...reminds me of my old mp3:

injen cai
obx header
2nd cat cut out
b&m short-throw w/ kartboy knob
eibach sport-lines
twilight's n/a cams
1.8L coils w/ 626 valve cover
UR underdrive pulley
kartboy shift bushings
awr front a/t motor mount
side-exit exhaust
CP Racing 3-pt strut bar
Infinity Basslink

i'm trying to get that car back for the current owner (it was my baby)...could you source another header? just wondering if i could get my hands on one to replace the OBX pos if i get the car back. i had hoped on upping the compression and getting a microtech as well...one day...one day...

http://www.msprotege.com/members/Blitzd/DSC03545.JPG

Last edited:
Hey man,

I prolly can't get you another set of autoexe headers. I can however point you in the direction of a set of mazdaspeed headerds:
http://www.astina gt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=285788&postcount=1184

Nice build though otherwise man. Yeah extra compression and a ECU will make a big difference. A fuel controller would even help a little as would getting some Cam gears made up so dial back the cams a bit :)

Do you have any vids of the cams in your car?

thanks! i wish i did have a vid of the car with the cams/side exhaust...my old f/s thread is around here somewhere that has several pics. it sounded awesome at idle...way too loud while driving, though...i couldn't hear my radio over the exhaust. the current owner replaced the side exhaust with a magnaflow cat-back after the mount broke under the passenger's door that held it up.

i actually had someone cut their truck off and listen to it one day when i was stopped at a red light...it had that v8 camming sound...nice and deep...i really miss that car.

Nice :D

Yeah I've heard the sound is quite epic. Very few people have actually posted videos :( Its a shame cause im itching to hear them :D

Ill post up a video when I get the engine in a car (that im yet to get). Should sound pretty neat. When I get home ill post up a link of a stock FS-ZE at idle with no exhaust, sounds pretty angry ^-^

So what do you suggest I do to get to the 170 mark, like which motor, headers, exhaust, air intake, parts, etc....

you might want to get your head and intake manifold ported and polished. lightweight pulleys wouldnt hurt either

Picking up my Focus Adjustable Cam Gears and my DocB Oil Pump Friday :D

And my tyres got shipped yesterday so they should be here tomorrow, only 1.5 months later.

you might want to get your head and intake manifold ported and polished. lightweight pulleys wouldnt hurt either

Im assuming your talking to me. Pulleys are pretty far down the list, cost of shipping etc etc wouldnt make it worth while really tbh.

Ill be doing the head at some point, but at this stage I need a car more then I need a Head :)

Also need to get new exhaust made up, ECU tuned, New Filter, AWR Engine Mounts etc etc.

So what do you suggest I do to get to the 170 mark, like which motor, headers, exhaust, air intake, parts, etc....

I don't really have a recipe for you sorry man. If you mean 170whp then thats going to be a long list, if you mean at the crank then:
Cams
Intake
Proper Exhaust Manifold (Check out the FS Section theres a GB going on for Pacemaker headers)
Header Back Exhaust
Might get you there im really not sure.

Maybe List:
Light Weight Fly Wheel
AWR Or Other Engine Mounts
626 Intake Manifold
ECU - Haltech/Microtech

Honestly just start getting some Mods that help improve the engines breathing, response etc. You will most likely reach a point where you wont have reached your targeted power figure but are happy with the car. Remember its not all about the peak HP number but the response and the area under the curve. These two things will make for a great enjoyable car paired with some good handling mods :)

Last edited:
DocB oil pump and FocusMSP Cam Gears arrived :D

Will post up pictures when I get home :) May have found a car as well, shall see. Going to see it next weekend hopefully :D

Otherwise hopping to do a run out to see the engine at some point, drop off some parts so mechanic can start work.

Need to have the Oil Pan Girdle? modified to have an AN10 return line so that I can run the return line from the External Pressure valve.

Last edited:
Rising from the dead. Finally bought a car last week. Yesterday at AGT Mod Day:
IMG_4362_zps1e7c894e.jpg

Car With Stockies:
IMG_8248_zps320cc0f8.jpg

IMG_8247_zps3a2c3830.jpg

Teaser Shots of Car with MSF Rims:

^^ Images expand to full size.

Last edited:
Back